Frontrunner Photo Update!!
Lloyd Wrote: Don't they already have enough trains?
UTA Ordered 11 MPI MP36PH-3C Locomotives, 12 Bombardier Transportation Bi-Level Cab Cars, and 8 Bombardier Transportation Bi-Level Coaches. The Locomotives are Numbered 1-11, The Cab Cars are Numbered 101-112, and the Coaches are Numbered 201-208. Wink So, doing the math, UTA can only Operate 6 Trains Max at the Time, Which Sucks! The 29 EX NJTransit Coaches, Once Refurbished, will Give UTA a Fleet of 37 Coaches, 12 Cab Cars, and 11 Locomotives. I would Guess the
DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
[quote author=linearinduction link=topic=2965.msg24102#msg24102 date=1209375931]
UTA Ordered 11 MPI MP36PH-3C Locomotives, 12 Bombardier Transportation Bi-Level Cab Cars, and 8 Bombardier Transportation Bi-Level Coaches. The Locomotives are Numbered 1-11, The Cab Cars are Numbered 101-112, and the Coaches are Numbered 201-208. Wink So, doing the math, UTA can only Operate 6 Trains Max at the Time, Which Sucks! The 29 EX NJTransit Coaches, Once Refurbished, will Give UTA a Fleet of 37 Coaches, 12 Cab Cars, and 11 Locomotives. I would Guess the
Hey guys! I got some pictures when I went to ride the Frontrunner last night, I'll try to get them up soon.

Z Wrote: Sid:

I think your numbers are off slightly here on the stock purchased by UTA, but additionally, UTA has been running trains with only two cars/coaches per locomotive for some of the trains, boosting the total number.
Actually My Numbers are Spot On. UTA Only Purchased 11 Locomotives and 20 Bi-Level Coaches. I have seen each of the 11 Locomotives either in Person or in Photographs, also seen each of the 12 Bi-Level Cab Cars, and seen all 8 Bi-Level Coaches.Wink I was
DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
I rode it again yesterday.
Hey Everyone, I Found Some More Details Concerning UTA's Contracts for Locomotives and Coaches for FrontRunner.

Locomotives -
UTA/FrontRunner and Southern California Regional Rail Authority/Metrolink (Southern California) Teamed Up For a $60 Million Dollar Contract with Motive Power, Inc. for 11 NEW MP36PH-3C Locomotives, for Each Agency, with Options by UTA (FrontRunner), SCRRA/Metrolink (Southern California), Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority/MBTA Commuter Rail (Boston, Massachusetts), and Northstar Corridor Commuter-Rail Authority/Northstar Commuter Rail (Minneapolis, Minnesota) for up to 45 Additional Units Costing $120 Million Dollars. UTA/FrontRunner has Already Exercised their Option To Purchase 10 More NEW MP36PH-3C Locomotives (To Be Delivered in the next 3 Years and Bringing Their Order to 21) and SCRRA/Metrolink has Exercised Their Option to Purchase 4 More NEW MP36PH-3C Locomotives (To Be Delivered over the Next 15 Months Bringing Their Order to 15). UTA/FrontRunner also Recently Sold an Option for 26 MPXpress GPS 40 Locomotives (MPI MPXpress Locomotives with Reconditioned Parts) to Maryland Transit Administration/MARC Commuter Rail (Maryland). I'm not Sure if the 26 Locomotives Going to MTA/MARC are Part of the $120 Milllion Dollar 45 MPXpress Locomotive Contract or a Separate Contract UTA/FrontRunner had with MPI.

Coaches -
UTA/FrontRunner's Original $29 Million Dollar Contract with Bombardier Transportation for 12 Bi-Level Cars, with an Option to Purchase 23 Additional Cars, was Increased to 20 Cars, with 15 Cars Left on the Contract Option.

Commentary -
I'm really hoping UTA Continues with FrontRunner the way they are and Maintain and Replace Equipment. I don't think FrontRunner will have many of the Problems other Commuter Lines have because UTA/FrontRunner has Dedicated Trackage, Additional Cars to be Refurbished, and Additional Locomotives on the Way. UTA/FrontRunner should never be in a Situation where they will have too few Locomotives or Cars so there will be no Shortages when Maintenance is Needed. FrontRunner Also has a Large Schedule, unlike New Mexico Rail Runner Express (Albuquerque, New Mexico), Music City Star (Nashville, Tennessee), Coaster (San Diego, California)and Others that run Limited Schedules. UTA has also built the System with Passing Sidings, etc, so when the Entire Line is built, they will be able to run Express Trains from Pleasant View/Brigham City to Provo/Payson. I can't wait to see how FrontRunner Commuter Rail and Trax Light Rail Develop over the coming years! I Just Hope UTA really works on the UTDC Light Rail Vehicles so the Siemens SD-100s and SD-160s can get some much needed work. Some of the UTDC Trains on Saturday were running pretty quiet, even though they were still painted in their VTA Colors with Trax Logos Stuck Over Them. Smile Hopefully UTA will take another look at the Bus System and make it as good as the Trains. Happy