Rock U2 the Top Review
Rock U2 the Top opened at Lagoon this past weekend. So I thought I would be the first to write a review. First off I have never been much into the whole sing/dance stuff and I am more into the Pyro, Lights, Ect...The show starts off to make you think you are in the middle of the hornets nest. Once you realize that you are still at Lagoon you see the skimpy, shiny skirts and overalls of the singers on stage. Overall the costums for the opening, for me, are a little over the top. The next memorable part would be "Ever Ever After" from enchanted. Where this is a very powerful, and very big song for this show. It would be more suited for maybe a more powerful singer, but overall this rendition is my favorite part of the show. Another good part of the show is "Feels like Today" rendition. It was sung very well. The most disappointing part of the show for me was the ending, maybe a more recent song would of done better. Anyway it is a good show for Lagoon, and the singers are okay as well. So if you are in to the whole entergetic, gymnastic type show than this one is for you. Thats about it for my review. Lets here yours.

One Hour Photo Guy

You may have noticed that I do not critque the singers. Overall they did very well, a few songs were shakey. But they were not enough to moan, groan, and complain about. Overall I give the show 2 Stars out of 5 stars because as I said before, I am not into the whole sing/dance type shows. Anywho, see you at the park...
My Coaster Count: 99
Sky's Coaster Count: 14
Follow Beyond Vertical on Twitter!

Rock U2 the Top is back again for another season. I have been looking forward all winter and spring to see what Lagoon would do to try to equal or improve upon last years show. Last years show was fun and entertaining from the first note to the last note. The question is could lagoon top lasts years show? Well the answer is the show does not top last years but is a very close equal. Apparently Lagoon subscribes to the philosphy that if it ain't broke don't fix it as this show follows the same pattern as last years show and in fact uses many of the same elements as the 2007 show. The singing and dancing are also excellent this year.

The cast consists of 4 members from last years show; Mickelle, JT, Emily, and Ashtyn. And I understand that the other 4 members are also veterans of Rock U2 the top; Cory, Vaden, Ali (swing) and Chris (swing).

As with last year, the start of the show is announced with high energy noise which leads into the high energy opening number. Which also leads into one of the few things I didn't like about the show. The Bumblebee costumes. I am not sure if they were going for the bumble bee look or not but it was my least favorite outfits of the night.

The outfits for the rest of the show were quite nice and very well done, except for the only other costume that I didn't like which was the pajama look. The dancing during this song was really well done.

The rain effect in front of the stage was used again this year and appropriately they danced with umbrellas.

The best comedy number goes to "Ever After" with the knight slaying the dragon, Superman, and Hurceles all making an appearance on the stage. And of course the Princess. Coming out of the floor was a nice touch and a nice nod to "Enchanted"

The curtain effect was used differently this time and was very dramatic.

One of the best numbers of the night I thought was Car Wash. The costumes and lighting and dancing were all combined to make one great number.

Overall I really enjoyed the show. And it will be fun to watch over the season. I like the mix of songs that were used. And the show moved at a good pace.
davehi1 Wrote:

The curtain effect was used differently this time and was very dramatic.

It looks like he just realized his fly was down. Laugh
Member of Lagoon Games Department 2010-2011
lol that would suck Tongue Tongue Tongue
Tanner Kinsley
I forgot to post the link to my video of Rock U2 the Top.

This is Apologize and Ever Ever After

[flash=200,200]http://youtube.com/watch?v=wtM3pRtZsmc[/flash]
Rock U2 the Top nearly rocked my pants off the other night! Does anyone know who their costume designer is? I NEED to get my hands on one of the psychadelic rainbow tassled jackets that they wear just before (after?) the carwash number. those things are effing amazing!!!
his name is curtis not sure about his last name, he dose not design them he only makes them from the designs that j.d. draws up
rockboy Wrote: his name is curtis not sure about his last name, he dose not design them he only makes them from the designs that j.d. draws up
Some Psychotic Straight Woman, who was obviously on acid at the time, came up with the Kinky Vinyl "Bumble Bee" Opening Number Costumes and the "Gay Pride Parade Drag Queen" Rainbow 60s Outfits that show of WAY too Much Skin during Love Revolution! I didn't buy a Season Pass to see some guys untrimmed happy trail! Curtis only Sews/Makes the costumes, and does a great job! Smile

[quote author=i_heart_lagoon link=topic=3103.msg26130#msg26130 date=1213377979]
Does anyone know who their costume designer is? I NEED to get my hands on one of the psychadelic rainbow tassled jackets that they wear just before (after?) the carwash number. those things are effing amazing!!!
DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
Am I weird if I have NEVER sat to watch one of the Lagoon's shows? I guess if I had a season pass I'd take the time to do it, but it's not really worth it to me when I only make it out to the park once or twice a year. Just not interested in the entertainment.
"Life is a rollercoaster. Try to eat a light lunch."

--David A. Schmaltz
/\ I'm that way too. Well I guess I did watch Rock U2 the Top a long long time ago (or something similar in the same theater, I don't remember), but it was only for a few minutes.
Member of Lagoon Games Department 2010-2011