Cowabunga Bay - Utah's First Neighborhood Water Park!
it'sGunar Wrote: "Utah's First Neighborhood Water Park..."

First is wrong.
http://www.sevenpeaks.com/

In Provo.

I live like 15 minutes from there. It's been there for ages.
Next Time, Please Read the First Post. Wink

The Following is the first sentence in the Press Release. Smile
Quote:Cowabunga Bay Neighborhood Water Park, a New Value Based Water Park Concept, will open it's doors in 2009
DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
I believe you misunderstood me.

In the title, you said it was Utah's FIRST I was simply pointing out that it isn't the first, because Seven Peaks was there before this...

It does look immensely fun.
it'sGunar Wrote: I believe you misunderstood me.

In the title, you said it was Utah's FIRST I was simply pointing out that it isn't the first, because Seven Peaks was there before this...

It does look immensely fun.
Gunar, I am going to again ask you to read the Entire Press Release Again. We have no misunderstanding, you just don't understand the concept. Laugh

To Clarify, "Neighborhood Water Park" is a NEW Value Based Water Park Concept Developed by the Huish Brothers. Essentially, this new Concept is to Water Parks what Family Entertainment Centers are to Amusement/Theme Parks. Wink

Additionally, Myself (21) and a Friend (36) had more Fun than two adults should have on a Water Fortress, Located at Silverwood, and Smaller than the one at Cowabunga Bay. Laugh

Lastly, IMO, Raging Waters and Seven Peaks are undeserving of the Term "Water Park." Lagoon-A-Beach at least has a Theme and Atmosphere. Wink
DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Sorry to change subjects, but...

I've never actually been to Lagoon-a-Beach, so I'm not sure how this would turn out, but I just had a cool idea:

Summer 2009: Lagoon is Fun Beach Party?

It could be cool. I could even use the nice towel I got from the photo contest!
Member of Lagoon Games Department 2010-2011
Everyone,

I received answers to Questions regarding Admission and Season Passes from Cowabunga Bay.

Regarding Admission Prices, Yes, the Admission Price will be good for All Day. However, with the Attractions and Business Model for Cowabunga Bay, the Average Stay has been projected to be between 3-4 Hours. The exact Admission Price has not yet been Determined, but the Projected Price Range will be $10-$15.

Regarding Season Passes, Yes, Season Passes will be Sold. The exact price has not yet been determined, but the Price Range is Projected to be $59-$79.

If anyone has any other questions, post them on the board, and I will contact Cowabunga Bay for an Answer.

-Sid
If I lived closer I would probably get a season pass there instead of the stupid pool near my house. I think this place will auctually survive because it is very cheap.

I have a question. How much advertizing are they going to use if any? Are they planning on being more of a local waterpark?
Are they constructing a website?
linearinduction Wrote: Lastly, IMO, Raging Waters and Seven Peaks are undeserving of the Term "Water Park." Lagoon-A-Beach at least has a Theme and Atmosphere. Wink

I agree, but I get what you were meaning now, but don't expect me to admit my defeat. You're wrong. Tongue
Coaster Wrote: I have a question. How much advertizing are they going to use if any? Are they planning on being more of a local waterpark?
I will have to wait a few months to completely answer that question.

RCF Wrote: Are they constructing a website?
Yes, I will post when the Website and Lots more Info go Live.

-Sid
it'sGunar Wrote: I agree, but I get what you were meaning now, but don't expect me to admit my defeat. You're wrong. Tongue

I wouldn't consider Seven peaks at the first because there are others that have been around longer, such as Cherry Hill, and Lagoon-a-beach also I believe. I do remember Seven peaks coming to lagoon for advice after they built the beach and then gave lagoon employees a discount when we went because of the help that Lagoon gave them.

I just wish they would build something like Cowabunga Bay further up north, but from a population standpoint I understand why it is where it is.
A man would rather have a good scare over good advice.
[Image: mba-badge-purple.jpg]