Cowabunga Bay - Utah's First Neighborhood Water Park!
Are they gonna have a wave pool like Surf N Swim?
I am told there wont be a wave pool, but they are going to eventually have a wave ride for like boards.
Bud45 Wrote: Are they gonna have a wave pool like Surf N Swim?
There is not a Plan for a Wave Pool at the Moment.

redstar21 Wrote: I am told there wont be a wave pool, but they are going to eventually have a wave ride for like boards.
A Flowrider, More Slides on the AquaPlay Rainfortress, and a Mat Racer Slide are the only Plans under Consideration for Expansion at this Time. Smile
DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
Apparently, this topic has pissed off someone at another Water Park, as we received this Complaint from a "Guest" visiting the Forum.

"In following the crypto scare that went not only through Utah but the Unisted States - there were more reported cases of crypto at water parks than at still water pools. In the state of Utah there were more cases reported from local water parks as well than from the still water pools.Kearns Oquirrh Park Fitness Center and many other pools including the SL County pools spent thousands of dollars to install the UV systems to provide for the safety of the public. SO get your facts straight instead of just slamming the competators"

Since Cowabunga Bay has Happily Offered us Information and Construction Photos of the NEW Park, we have posted these items. If this "Guest" would Register as a Member of Lagoon is Fun, we would be more than happy to discuss OTHER Water Parks Located in Utah on our "Other Utah Parks and Attractions" Board. There is also NO BASIS for the Slanderous "Slamming The Competitors" Comment. Again, if anyone would like to discuss any other Water Park or Attraction in Utah, they may join the Lagoon is Fun Forum and Join in the Discussions.
DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
I'm sorry but what is crypto?
I read the reply Sid gave, and I don't like it. I live in Kearns! Oh well, many people make so many rumors about Kearns, (and many of them aren't true) I don't care much anymore. :-\
i know the subject was probably dropped but, what gunnar was trying to say was that the title of the topic reads utahs first neighborhood water park
rockboy Wrote: i know the subject was probably dropped but, what gunnar was trying to say was that the title of the topic reads utahs first neighborhood water park  even though it dose not say that in the press release.
It says it in the first sentence of the Press Release. Wink

RCF Wrote: I'm sorry but what is crypto?
I read the reply Sid gave, and I don't like it. I live in Kearns! Oh well, many people make so many rumors about Kearns, (and many of them aren't true) I don't care much anymore. :-\
I was being Sarcastic Plain and Simple. Wink Crypto is short for Cryptosporidium, a Parasite which causes severe diarrhea. There was a HUGE Crypto Outbreak at many Municipal Water Parks and Pools in Utah and around the Nation in 2007. Most Privately Owned Water Parks were already equipped to deal with the problem, as the UV Filtration System is Expensive. To avoid another Crypto Outbreak in 2008, many Municipal Water Parks and Pools had to install the Expensive UV Filtration System. I do not believe there were any Crypto cases traced to the Kearns Oquirrh Park Fitness Center, but I could be wrong. The Claim of "Slandering the Competition" was completely unfounded, as Cowabunga Bay WILL NOT Compete Directly with Municipal Water Parks and Pools. The Developer has Stated that they wanted to have Traditional Water Park Attractions in a Small Park. I don't know of any Municipal Water Parks or Pools in Utah, except for Layton, that has Traditional Water Park Attractions.

Now, on to Kearns. Kearns has a bad rap because of the Gang Problem that never went away, but only festered. After the Gang Shooting out side of the Jr High last Month, many people were shocked there were gangs in Kearns. Someone *cough* Sheriff Kennard *cough* sat around doing nothing while the problems in the unincorporated areas festered. West Valley dealt with the spill over of gang problems from Kearns, as did Surrounding Areas. Unfortunately, people were lulled into a time when "Gangs" were a Problem of the 90s and People lived in fear of the Terror Alert Level and watching out for Terrorists. Unfortunately, Many people were looking at the WRONG groups of people, allowing the true Terrorists, GANGS, to re group. People of Every Skin Color and Background can be in a Gang, something most people seem to forget, and just believe all Gang Members are Latino or Pacific Islander. The State of Utah should have changed the State Slogan from "The Best Snow On Earth" to "Welcome to Utah, Hear No Evil, Speak No Evil, See No Evil" but instead we got "Life Elevated." At least "Life Elevated" brought more attention to the DRUG Problem we have, such as the Drug Deals that take place down the street from my house in a Condemned House that is used to Deal Drugs, and that's in Murray.