Disaster Theory
I got this idea when I was searching for more funny ride videos. I started wondering if there'd ever been an accident on a catapult ride like the one Lagoon has, and figured there probably hasn't been (because that would be really bad!).
"Life is a rollercoaster. Try to eat a light lunch."

--David A. Schmaltz
Son of Beast anyone? Laugh
DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
Don't most of ride accidents occur because a rider is fooling around?

Anyway, I would assume that a serious accident could be caused by a failure in the brake system. I know of an instance where operators could not get colossus @ SFMM to stop due to a failure in the station brakes, the train consequently went a few rounds around the track until the problem could be solved. Perhaps the reduction brakes AND the waiting block brakes could fail due to a valve not functioning properly, causing a full train to slam into the train waiting in the station. This would
[quote author=That Wyoming kid link=topic=4476.msg36730#msg36730 date=1263342931]
Don't most of ride accidents occur because a rider is fooling around?

Anyway, I would assume that a serious accident could be caused by a failure in the brake system. I know of an instance where operators could not get colossus @ SFMM to stop due to a failure in the station brakes, the train consequently went a few rounds around the track until the problem could be solved. Perhaps the reduction brakes AND the waiting block brakes could fail due to a valve not functioning properly, causing a full train to slam into the train waiting in the station. This would
DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
^ I am well aware that it takes pressure to open the brakes. What I meant was a valve stuck open, not closed. I however do not have a link, I just know it happened.
A bulldozer mows over the ride. (applies to any ride)
Coaster Wrote: A bulldozer mows over the ride. (applies to any ride)

Yeah, that's actually my biggest fear. Skycoaster's height? Nothing. Roller Coaster's sensation of death and destruction? Nothing.

The bulldozer working in the distance? OH GOD... NO! NOOOO!
Yeah, I'm sure Lagoon would let that happen.
"Life is a rollercoaster. Try to eat a light lunch."

--David A. Schmaltz
Tilt-A-Whirl Wrote:What about a ride similar to Turn of the Century?
Happened up in Canada in 1999.

From RideAccidents.com
Quote:(Wednesday, September 1, 1999) - At the Canadian National Exhibition in Toronto, Canada, 16 children were injured after a ride collapsed. The ride, known as the Wave Swinger, is a circular swing ride with a capacity of 48 passengers. Riders are seated in chairs which are attached to the ride's overhead arms by metal chains. The ride rotates about a central hydraulic structure, which lifts and lowers riders through the air during the ride.

The accident happened after the ride's four lifting ropes broke. The owners of the ride had replaced the manufacturer's original lifting ropes with ropes manufactured locally, which were not of the same quality and specifications.

Fourteen children, aged 5 to 15, were taken by ambulance to area hospitals. Two other children were treated at the scene. Injuries ranged from cuts and bruises to head, neck, and back injuries. None of the children's injuries appears to be life-threatening.

The ride, owned and operated by Conklin Shows, was operating at full capacity when the accident happened. It had been inspected once on Tuesday and once on Wednesday.

The accident marks the second time in one week that a Conklins Shows ride malfunctioned. On Friday, two people were injured when a Conklin ride broke at the Central Canada Exhibition fairgrounds in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. That accident happened when a steel arm, which carried the victims' car, broke off from the ride and fell to the ground.

Both rides have been shut down and the accidents are under investigation.
All Four Broke? Wow.