S&S Fun Park
So I've seen this place, S&S Fun Park, be mentioned here and there, I've seen a few videos on the place, but I can't really find any information on it. So I ask you...

- What is it? Amusement park, testing place for S&S rides...?
- Is it still open?
- Is it open to the public?
- What rides are there?
- Any other information?
(03-07-2010, 03:29 PM)Puff Wrote: So I've seen this place, S&S Fun Park, be mentioned here and there, I've seen a few videos on the place, but I can't really find any information on it. So I ask you...

- What is it? Amusement park, testing place for S&S rides...?
- Is it still open?
- Is it open to the public?
- What rides are there?
- Any other information?

S&S Celebration Centre in Logan, UT (about an hour North of Ogden) was S&S's showcase park. It was a small complex with an arcade and rides, which included a Sky Sling, Screamin' Swing, a Snowmobile ride similar to Top Eliminator, Go-Karts, and the "Sonic Boom" prototype.

The park closed in 2008, but it was open to the public, and everything was pay-per-ride.
Some of the rides still operate, the Screaming Swing, go karts and the golf course still operate. The other rides are closed and will be taken down. The Snowmobile dragster might still be in operation at the Celebration Center. The Park is now owned by Renegade Sports of Logan and its their main sales floor show room. This summer they are supposed to be putting in a test track to let people test drive atv's.
Pretty sure it had a sky coaster type deal too.
(03-09-2010, 01:11 PM)japaninator Wrote: Pretty sure it had a sky coaster type deal too.
ya, they had a sky coaster too.
DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon ParkĀ 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
Also, it wasn't all pay per ride because they had wristbands that you could buy for a certain number of hours or an all-day thing or something.
(03-09-2010, 03:34 PM)japaninator Wrote: Also, it wasn't all pay per ride because they had wristbands that you could buy for a certain number of hours or an all-day thing or something.
Yup. Smile
DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon ParkĀ 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
Also, since no one has posted any editorial comments, here's mine. I really really enjoyed our one visit to the park. It was our first time on a sky sling and a screamin swing and we LOVED them both. We would have eventually made our way back up there to buy passes to get lots more rides on those. Seems like it was about $3-5/ride... much better pricing than at amusement parks. The suicide seats on the sky sling were one of the best ride experiences I've had.

Sonic boom, while a nice concept, was disappointing to us. We were only at the top for a couple of seconds and it was totally enclosed, so you couldn't see anything around you. To me, that's one of the big thrills of drop rides -- seeing the ground approaching and looking out on the horizon.
Quote:Sonic boom, while a nice concept, was disappointing to us. We were only at the top for a couple of seconds and it was totally enclosed, so you couldn't see anything around you. To me, that's one of the big thrills of drop rides -- seeing the ground approaching and looking out on the horizon.

Yeah you couldn't see all around you but the view you did have from it looking North and seeing most of the Cache Valley was awesome, I thought.

Heck ya! I 2nd that on the Suicide seats they were awesome! It was my first time on a Sky Sling and it was awesome!
The Screaming Swing was good but I like the Screaming Swings in a larger park model, More Momentum= Better Ride. Also the operator at the Celebration Center seemed to be a real slacker so the ride wasn't very long. Just as the swing was getting up to speed they stopped it.

Quote:Also, it wasn't all pay per ride because they had wristbands that you could buy for a certain number of hours or an all-day thing or something.

When I went the deal being offered on the wristbands wasn't too much better than paying per ride so I went with the pay per ride option. Rode on everything that was operating except the Sky Coaster. I was more excited to ride the S&S Rides and I had been on the Sky Coaster at Lagoon. I intended to go back and ride the Sky Coaster one cause its fun but two because they used the other loading system that Lagoon doesn't so I wanted to experience that but before I had a chance the park closed.

It was a great place and still is, but i think they needed to put more rides or even the rides they had in the field next to Highway 89 instead of behind the building. To the unknown driver driving into Logan on the highway would have seen the towers and thought they looked like radio towers rather than amusement rides. If they had put something in that open field next to the highway, then I think it could have done better.
And idea I had was that they could have partnered up with the Local Cache Valley Fun Park and made a joint venture out of it and provide fun on both ends of the valley and still be a showcase for S&S's rides, with Celebration Center on the south and the Fun Park on the north. Then they could offer park hopper passes or something of that sort.

I feel they could have done more advertising outside of Cache Valley. Everyone in Cache Valley knew about it and after they had gone there once they never made it again. They did do well by having Cache Valley TV come and did interviews and showed the rides being operated. I never saw anything about it on any other channel (maybe someone else did), but i didn't.

Every place has things they could have done better, but overall I thought it was a a great fun park.
(03-10-2010, 01:35 PM)Duct Tape Coaster Wrote:
Quote:Sonic boom, while a nice concept, was disappointing to us. We were only at the top for a couple of seconds and it was totally enclosed, so you couldn't see anything around you. To me, that's one of the big thrills of drop rides -- seeing the ground approaching and looking out on the horizon.

Yeah you couldn't see all around you but the view you did have from it looking North and seeing most of the Cache Valley was awesome, I thought.

I suppose that I should clarify that for the brief moment at the top, you can see out, but all the way down it's enclosed. Also, you were supposed to be able to push a button or something to start the drop, but ours went without us doing anything.