Favorite TV Stations
G4, Animal Planet, Discovery Health
I don't get G4. What kind of programming does it have?
Love the G4, go to G4TV.com and click on Attack of the Show and root around there for a while, good stuff. Also if you are a gamer check out X-Play; then there is of course Ninja Warrior that is pretty awesome.
A man would rather have a good scare over good advice.
[Image: mba-badge-purple.jpg]

(04-06-2010, 11:05 PM)Velcro Wrote: I don't get G4. What kind of programming does it have?

(04-07-2010, 05:32 PM)skwid Wrote: Love the G4, go to G4TV.com and click on Attack of the Show and root around there for a while, good stuff. Also if you are a gamer check out X-Play; then there is of course Ninja Warrior that is pretty awesome.
Web Soup is the best!
(04-07-2010, 06:39 PM)strong4 Wrote:
(04-06-2010, 11:05 PM)Velcro Wrote: I don't get G4. What kind of programming does it have?

(04-07-2010, 05:32 PM)skwid Wrote: Love the G4, go to G4TV.com and click on Attack of the Show and root around there for a while, good stuff. Also if you are a gamer check out X-Play; then there is of course Ninja Warrior that is pretty awesome.
Web Soup is the best!

I think both shows are pretty great. Tongue
I don't even have cable or satellite TV. The only thing I really miss is the sports programming. If I had to choose from the boring channels we get, it would probably be NBC purely for having Chuck. Hulu lets me see shows like Psych though.
(04-07-2010, 08:22 PM)JordanM Wrote:

Web Soup is the best!

It's true... of course getting deeper into G4 you also have the international sexy ladies show that is good to look at, unbeatable banzuke which makes me laugh, classic code monkeys is good, and there is always movies that don't suck. But to be honest I started watching it when it was techtv and the screen savers, loved the Jessica, and still the Morgan Webb. Of course I can't complain about Olivia Munn, or Alison Haslap, or the other G4 girls; G4 really does know how pick some sexy women. Bravo!

(04-07-2010, 08:40 PM)skwid Wrote:
(04-07-2010, 08:22 PM)JordanM Wrote:

Web Soup is the best!

It's true... of course getting deeper into G4 you also have the international sexy ladies show that is good to look at, unbeatable banzuke which makes me laugh, classic code monkeys is good, and there is always movies that don't suck. But to be honest I started watching it when it was techtv and the screen savers, loved the Jessica, and still the Morgan Webb. Of course I can't complain about Olivia Munn, or Alison Haslap, or the other G4 girls; G4 really does know how pick some sexy women. Bravo!

I remember hearing about TSS and watching an old episode some time ago. I believe it was when Kevin Rose introduced Digg. That seems to pop up every once in a while. Wink
(04-07-2010, 09:26 PM)JordanM Wrote: I remember hearing about TSS and watching an old episode some time ago. I believe it was when Kevin Rose introduced Digg. That seems to pop up every once in a while. Wink

Kevin Rose used to work for TechTV and came up with Digg during his forced vacation after being bought by Comcast. He is good friends with Leo Laporte and is often on TWiT. If you want an interesting podcast, Leo always delivers with TWiT. Of course, TWiT also features John C. Dvorak who delivers an epic podcast twice a week with No Agenda. If you want a great breakdown of how all these channels you are naming above manipulate people, they deliver the goods! Go to noagenda.mevio.com to get the goods. Once you get past some of the weirdness in the opening clips and listen to what is being said, you will be amazed at how they analyze what is happening. As Jim Rome says "give it a week, if you don't like it, give it another week and you will be hooked."

-Z
(04-07-2010, 09:53 PM)Z Wrote:
(04-07-2010, 09:26 PM)JordanM Wrote: I remember hearing about TSS and watching an old episode some time ago. I believe it was when Kevin Rose introduced Digg. That seems to pop up every once in a while. Wink

Kevin Rose used to work for TechTV and came up with Digg during his forced vacation after being bought by Comcast. He is good friends with Leo Laporte and is often on TWiT. If you want an interesting podcast, Leo always delivers with TWiT. Of course, TWiT also features John C. Dvorak who delivers an epic podcast twice a week with No Agenda. If you want a great breakdown of how all these channels you are naming above manipulate people, they deliver the goods! Go to noagenda.mevio.com to get the goods. Once you get past some of the weirdness in the opening clips and listen to what is being said, you will be amazed at how they analyze what is happening. As Jim Rome says "give it a week, if you don't like it, give it another week and you will be hooked."

-Z

I love Leo's podcasts, but I have to admit I haven't listened to one in a while. It was actually Leo that got me interested in watching techtv because I started watching Call for Help, then started watching The Screen Savers because of how much I liked Leo. I do miss the original cast, I really liked Kevin Rose because of how he would always show you cool hacks (shocked a friend with disposable camera taser that he made), and Sarah Lane was a good host also. I especially miss Patrick Norton because of his subtle insights.