Did you feel the Randolph 4.9 earthquake?
Also Utahdude, lets get the terms right.

It is called an aftershock not an aftereffect and it is called an epicenter (or focus if you are talking about the exact spot it occurred underground), not a pinpoint.

Skwid, that was hilarious!
(04-16-2010, 08:30 PM)Velcro Wrote:
(04-16-2010, 04:09 PM)UtahDude Wrote: Hence the term... aftereffect.

You are absolutely correct, except, I actually utilize other sources for my information. For example, I happen to enjoy checking the U.S. Geological Survey website and seeing all the recent earthquakes that have happened around the world. This website happens to list all earthquakes, including "aftereffects", and it just happens to show that no other earthquake was occurring in the area at the same time as the Randolph quake.

I encourage you to check out: http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/r...05_eqs.php

The point is, UtahDude, that your original post was ridiculously over-hyped compared to actual data and reports. It is one thing to say, "hey, I felt a distant earthquake" proceed to explain what you noticed. It is another to state that people should worry about rides being ok, and people should "get out your 72 hour kits".

You make matters worse by trying to defend your original statement using terrible logic when it is blatantly obvious that you were incorrect. In this case, people who lived only a few miles from the epicenter of the earthquake reported little to no damage.
I Find it so Frustrating when People use MY Links and Claim them as their Own! Rolleyes Laugh

EDIT: Perhaps we should do a "Utah's Largest Earthquake of the Day" Post on the Forum News Page Every Day! Laugh

Today's Largest Earthquake of the Moment is: TA DAH!
DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon ParkĀ 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(04-16-2010, 08:00 PM)linearinduction Wrote:
(04-16-2010, 07:16 PM)LagoonGoon Wrote: We should have a "UtahDude BURN" icon. Laugh
Ducky, could you whip one up? Laugh

[Image: burnw.png]

It's not UtahDude specific, but I have a feeling it will be used on replies to his posts a lot.
Member of Lagoon Games Department 2010-2011