Lagoon Opera House Question
Does any body what the opera house shows used to be about and if it is still in use the old opera house?
just plays. no italian opera. the last show was in 1984 if I am correct and after that, they just found other ways to entertain people. Suddenly outdoor rock-and-roll became more popular. Wink
Oh, because as a kid always looking at that old opera house anxouis to go inside.
I don't have the picture, but last year the doors were open for some reason. Some say the opera house is haunted! Happy But that is just crap because it hasn't been cleaned and most people aren't really familiar with it.
It has been used for Lagoon training meetings (which is how I got the chance to go inside). They use the opera boxes as storage for things from paint to Frightmares! skeletons. While beautiful, the entire place is dusty and falling apart. The seats are also pretty uncomfortable.

If Lagoon were to continue having shows inside, they would probably need to do some heavy renovation.
Member of Lagoon Games Department 2010-2011
The entertainment department also uses it for rehearsal and getting prepared for shows during frightmares.
A man would rather have a good scare over good advice.
[Image: mba-badge-purple.jpg]

Oh, because I wouldnt think that lagoon would keep it if it had no use.
I think it is a Utah History site so I don't think the state would allow them to remove it anyway. And besides, if it was gone what is the point of all the "fancy" buildings on opera house square? Wink
(05-02-2010, 06:27 PM)Invisible Ink Wrote: I think it is a Utah History site so I don't think the state would allow them to remove it anyway. And besides, if it was gone what is the point of all the "fancy" buildings on opera house square? Wink

Lagoon can tear down anything they want since it is part of the company; if lagoon was really worried about tearing down a piece of history then Lake Park Terrace would still exist. Wink
A man would rather have a good scare over good advice.
[Image: mba-badge-purple.jpg]

I think that lagoon should DO something with the old opera house!!!