Ride Safety
Every time I ride Flying Aces, it seems that there are always bozo's who think that they need to throw the fins on their car from maximum deflection to maximum deflection, resulting in twisted cables and a dangerous situation. Although there are safety tethers at the cable attachment points, I think this could be solved for around $50 by attaching a short (8" to 10") at the top of each fin and welding it directly to the frame. This would limit the throw of the fin to 6 to 8 inches on either side, ultimately resulting in a better ride for everybody.
Ah... Flying Aces is no fun unless it is a rockin' from the poppin'. Happy
A man would rather have a good scare over good advice.
[Image: mba-badge-purple.jpg]

Ooh ooh! Pick me! I did extensive research on Flying-Aces type rides! You would be impressed how hard it is to actually make a ride like that dangerous, (you would pretty much have to know exactly what you were doing) so just anybody throwing the fin back and forth does not endanger themselves, any body else, or the ride itself.
It would sure save us from having to listen to irate ride attendants though!
Running the rudder to the stops does not necessarily make it pop and bump. You have to do it at the right times to really get them rolling.
What are we doing for dinner?
(08-22-2011, 05:41 PM)Reserve ID Wrote: It would sure save us from having to listen to irate ride attendants though!

That's so true! Happy I love how they think yelling louder will make the person stop when some people don't even know how they started it.