Deathbyillusion 3D Roller Coaster Animation Logo With Music & Sound FX
(02-28-2013, 01:46 PM)NobodySpecial Wrote:
(02-28-2013, 01:02 PM)linearinduction Wrote: I was only talking about the name, "DeathbyIllusion"! lol Trust me, I know about the stuff, my ex worked for the USPTO in DC. Wink

I know that. You know I know that. But there was still some information that was left out regarding the video itself (thus the copyright/creative commons advice). Wink
Of course! Laugh

Spencer, it would probably be a great idea to add a "Copyright (year) DeathbyIllusion. All Rights Reserved." to the end of your Videos. Wink Seriously this is AWESOME! I can't wait to see it as the intro to the beginning of your Videos! Yay
DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(02-28-2013, 02:19 PM)linearinduction Wrote:
(02-28-2013, 01:46 PM)NobodySpecial Wrote: I know that. You know I know that. But there was still some information that was left out regarding the video itself (thus the copyright/creative commons advice). Wink
Of course! Laugh

Spencer, it would probably be a great idea to add a "Copyright (year) DeathbyIllusion. All Rights Reserved." to the end of your Videos. Wink Seriously this is AWESOME! I can't wait to see it as the intro to the beginning of your Videos! Yay

I agree with everything in this post.
(02-28-2013, 03:09 PM)NobodySpecial Wrote:
(02-28-2013, 02:19 PM)linearinduction Wrote: Of course! Laugh

I agree with everything in this post.

Especially the dancing smiley!
Great video. Seems you will probably be getting your money's worth out of that program. Maybe you could just show the last couple seconds at the beginning of your videos so they see your name and then show the full thing at the end. It does seem like it should be at the beginning, but I agree that it could get old if somebody watches a lot of your videos in a row. The length of the tag should be proportionate to the total video length in my opinion. But I'm no expert!
Well I wasn't actually copyrighting the name but the actual intro and logo itself and to get it trademarked is so expensive I just was looking like 2 days ago and if you want it trademarked world wide you have to pay for each country! It was like 600 bucks just to trademark it in Canada! But do you only pay those prices once, every year or what? Those prices were on a website so I don't know if there charging anything for themselfs but they said it didn't already include the government filing fee. I need to just copyright the intro. so I would have to put it a certain way I guess.
(03-01-2013, 12:14 AM)Deathbyillusion Wrote: Well I wasn't actually copyrighting the name but the actual intro and logo itself and to get it trademarked is so expensive I just was looking like 2 days ago and if you want it trademarked world wide you have to pay for each country! It was like 600 bucks just to trademark it in Canada! But do you only pay those prices once, every year or what? Those prices were on a website so I don't know if there charging anything for themselfs but they said it didn't already include the government filing fee. I need to just copyright the intro. so I would have to put it a certain way I guess.

You can claim copyright on the video as well as trademark of the DeathbyIllusion name without registering. You have some limitations when not having a registered mark, but unless you had your heart set on taking someone to federal court over using it, you'll be just fine.
Hhhmmm interesting ok.
(03-01-2013, 01:09 AM)NobodySpecial Wrote:
(03-01-2013, 12:14 AM)Deathbyillusion Wrote: Well I wasn't actually copyrighting the name but the actual intro and logo itself and to get it trademarked is so expensive I just was looking like 2 days ago and if you want it trademarked world wide you have to pay for each country! It was like 600 bucks just to trademark it in Canada! But do you only pay those prices once, every year or what? Those prices were on a website so I don't know if there charging anything for themselfs but they said it didn't already include the government filing fee. I need to just copyright the intro. so I would have to put it a certain way I guess.

You can claim copyright on the video as well as trademark of the DeathbyIllusion name without registering. You have some limitations when not having a registered mark, but unless you had your heart set on taking someone to federal court over using it, you'll be just fine.

(03-01-2013, 02:40 PM)Deathbyillusion Wrote: Hhhmmm interesting ok.
NobodySpecial is Correct Spencer. Most Trademarks, Service Marks, etc. have to be renewed every 7 years, and yes, you do have to pay when they are renewed. There are some Trademarks and Service Marks that may only be renewed so many times before they become public domain.
DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island