Olympic Bobsled Track Cam Mount On-ride (HD POV) Olympic Park Utah
(02-28-2014, 02:06 PM)Velcro Wrote:
(02-28-2014, 01:49 AM)linearinduction Wrote: While Climate Change could be a factor, It's really called holding a Winter Olympic Games in a Sub Mediterranean Climate. Wink

I see a new trend with the Olympics forming. I saw they pick some cold area to hold the summer Olympics next.

Summer Olympics 2020 will be held at the North Pole! Notserious

Looks like Japan will host the 2020 summer games....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_Summer_Olympics
(03-01-2014, 10:03 AM)gregwibert Wrote:
(02-28-2014, 02:06 PM)Velcro Wrote: I see a new trend with the Olympics forming. I saw they pick some cold area to hold the summer Olympics next.

Summer Olympics 2020 will be held at the North Pole! Notserious

Looks like Japan will host the 2020 summer games....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_Summer_Olympics
Tokyo won the bid for the 2020 Games...should be good. Smile
DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
We should host the summer Olympics after all we have the Kerns aquatic center with the laps pools the Olympic diving platforms ect.
(03-02-2014, 06:39 AM)Deathbyillusion Wrote: We should host the summer Olympics after all we have the Kerns aquatic center with the laps pools the Olympic diving platforms ect.

Eh.... The Summer Games aren't as cool as the Winter Games.
(03-02-2014, 06:39 AM)Deathbyillusion Wrote: We should host the summer Olympics after all we have the Kerns aquatic center with the laps pools the Olympic diving platforms ect.
Just because a Pool is "Olympic Size" doesn't mean it can be used in Competition. Hosting a Summer Games would cost much more, because we do not have Venues for Diving, Swimming, Rowing, Kayaking, Fencing, Handball, Table Tennis, Beach Volleyball, and most importantly, Sailing. Ask Atlanta how many of those Venues are still Used, cause many of them are not. Utah is also mostly known as a Winter Sports Mecca, and Summer Games here would have to be held in June or September to Avoid Killing the Athletes. On the other hand, all of Utah's Winter Olympic Venues are still in Operation and no new Venues require Construction. It could potentially be the Cheapest Winter Olympic Games to be put on and also the most fair, as the International Community would have had as much experience in the Venues as the Home Team.
DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
linearinduction Wrote:Just because a Pool is "Olympic Size" doesn't mean it can be used in Competition. Hosting a Summer Games would cost much more, because we do not have Venues for Diving, Swimming, Rowing, Kayaking, Fencing, Handball, Table Tennis, Beach Volleyball, and most importantly, Sailing. Ask Atlanta how many of those Venues are still Used, cause many of them are not. Utah is also mostly known as a Winter Sports Mecca, and Summer Games here would have to be held in June or September to Avoid Killing the Athletes. On the other hand, all of Utah's Winter Olympic Venues are still in Operation and no new Venues require Construction. It could potentially be the Cheapest Winter Olympic Games to be put on and also the most fair, as the International Community would have had as much experience in the Venues as the Home Team.

I was wondering if Spencer was kidding or serious so I left this one alone.....
Sid speaks truth for once LOL
(03-04-2014, 05:18 PM)Coasters Wrote: Sid speaks truth for once LOL
I ALWAYS speak Truth, weather people like it or not is a different subject entirely.
(03-11-2014, 12:38 AM)linearinduction Wrote:
(03-04-2014, 05:18 PM)Coasters Wrote: Sid speaks truth for once LOL
I ALWAYS speak Truth, weather people like it or not is a different subject entirely.

Agreed! Wink
The Kerns Aquatic Center has Olympic regulation diving platforms meaning that they can be qualified and could be used in an Olympic event as they meet the right requirements. same for the lap pool too and people have trained many times for the summer Olympics there. Im just stating they have EVERYTHING they need for the swimming and diving parts. There is even stadium like seating too.

Also sometimes its better to tell a white lie then tell the truth because you may hurt someone else's feelings.