Cedar Point's Mantis Closing on October 19
(09-04-2014, 11:31 AM)Velcro Wrote:
(09-04-2014, 07:32 AM)Coasters Wrote: Tear it down and melt it down. Buy a new b&m floorless. Easy lol

I'm seeing a pattern in your comments on this topic. Tongue

My parents took me out to Cedar Point the year Mantis opened, and my mother rode it with me (she's a coaster junkie too). She was kind of nervous because it was our first stand-up coaster, and I remember the DJ playing Sheryl Crow's All I Wanna Do, which has the line "all I want to do is have a little fun before I die." My mother thought that part of the song was appropriate for a new coaster she was scared to ride. Happy

I just am not a fan of stand up coasters and they are the only coasters I delight in being melted down
I only rode Mantis once, and it was the only stand-up coaster I ever rode. I did not like how my legs felt after riding Mantis, so I've stayed away from stand-ups ever since.
(09-04-2014, 11:18 AM)RCF Wrote: I see what your saying, but with how late the ride would be started to be completely dismantled for a new ride doesn't fit, and there has been no markings of any kind to show anything new ishappening. So I don't see it moving anywhere, and floorless trains are being put in. Maybe when actually doing the math on what different strains it would put on the ride wasn't significant.

I don't understand why Michigan's Adventure can't get this ride, however? Why wouldn't they?
Considering 95+% of the Public Viewing Area is of Water Under the Ride, I doubt you would see markings. Things may have changed between now and 2001, but when the CEO and the Director of Maintenance and Construction say it Can't Happen because it's Cost Prohibitive, I tend to defer to their many decades of expertise.

From what I've been told, Cedar Fair has not changed the way they treat the parks. Each Park is it's own Individual Business Unit. This means decisions are primarily made Locally and Large Capital Expendatures are based on that Park's Performance. Michigan's Adventure is in a Small Market more than 50% Smaller than Lagoon's. We've talked many times about ROI and Moving a Coaster like Mantis to Michigan's Adventure would simply be a Bad Business Decision. Valleyfair is in a Market Ripe for the Picking and Cedar Fair has Slated it for Major Expansion to take a Larger Chunk of that Growing Market. The only way to do that is to Expand the Park and it's Capacity with Larger additions. If Cedar Fair moves Mantis, it makes the most Business Sense to move it to a Market where it will have the Largest Impact. Valley fair would benefit the Most and Michigan's Adventure the Least.

Cedar Point may also remove Mantis Now and Open a New Coaster in 2016. Maybe Iron Dragon will take it's Last Flight in 2015 to make way for the First B&M Flying Coaster for Cedar Fair. Wink
DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
I will be heartbroken if they take out Iron Dragon.
(09-04-2014, 01:07 PM)Velcro Wrote: I will be heartbroken if they take out Iron Dragon.
You mean Draggin' Iron? lol
DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
(09-04-2014, 01:07 PM)Velcro Wrote: I will be heartbroken if they take out Iron Dragon.

Any day an Arrow is removed is a sad day.
(09-04-2014, 02:20 PM)Coasters Wrote:

Any day an Arrow is removed is a sad day.
Considering the First Time a Train was sent around it Crashed into the 2nd Lift, it's always been cursed. I would say Good Riddace to the Ride of "Kerchunk". Wink
Iron Dragon is a great, unique family coaster that seems to be decently popular still. When I went in early August, the line was 30-45 minutes while Mantis was only at 15 at the same time. I guess I wouldn't be surprised if it went, but I do think it'd be more missed than Mantis.

And Sid, Roller Coaster has had how many deaths? Guess they should rip it out too.
(09-04-2014, 02:58 PM)Talor Wrote: Iron Dragon is a great, unique family coaster that seems to be decently popular still. When I went in early August, the line was 30-45 minutes while Mantis was only at 15 at the same time. I guess I wouldn't be surprised if it went, but I do think it'd be more missed than Mantis.

And Sid, Roller Coaster has had how many deaths? Guess they should rip it out too.
The only Casualties on Draggin' Irons first Run were Weights. Wink
(09-03-2014, 09:52 PM)Talor Wrote: My testicles welcome this movement.

There's still some left after Mantis and SkyRider. That's the alarming statistic here.

You're testicles are almost gone, bro!? Sorry to hear that....