Lagoon News Lagoon Now Closed for 2014
[Image: thankslagoon.png]

Lagoon closing is always a sad time of year, but I'm always excited too because it means we get to start counting down to another season. New seasons always bring something new with them, and those of us who use this forum regularly know how much fun it can be to see how Lagoon changes every year. The best part is next year brings us Cannibal!

I remember waiting for Wicked to be built and how excited I was seeing the coaster go together. Seeing Cannibal's tower at Lagoon is already an awesome looking sight, and I can't wait to see more track go up. Just like with Wicked's construction, we will be able to see this one built from the road. That makes it even more awesome.

2014 is done. Bring on 2015!!
Hear, Hear. Shades
I'm not looking forward to the increased crowd size. Attendance could triple next year. That is scary.

As far as 2014 goes, attendance was "light" most days. I think most families are saving their money for 2015 season passes and chose not to purchase them in 2014 (smart idea unless you are die-hard Lagoonatic and will buy them EVERY YEAR no matter what!) I did notice an increase in attendance in October because of those who took advantage of the Frightmares/2015 season pass deal. Wink

Lagoon is planning on filling the main and over-flow parking lots and will be shuttling guests over from Station Park next year. Lagoon is already making plans for increased attendance. Get ready Lagoonatics for 2015! Shades
I'm not ready! I might be going on Saturdays a lot less next year though.
Rumour also is the park will be finally giving Spider a spiffy new paint job next year and new brakes!!!!! Its about time, good job Lagoon.
(11-02-2014, 09:45 PM)Slick Wrote: Rumour also is the park will be finally giving Spider a spiffy new paint job next year and new brakes!!!!! Its about time, good job Lagoon.

Would make sense since they are looking to sell it. Over a decade with out any love is hard on a ride. It will be good to have that ride gone eventually if ever.

When the buy the new one they should enclose it, I think it would make the ride much better. That's why Laff Trakk at Hershey Park actually would be a draw to me. But I know they won't.
(11-02-2014, 12:55 PM)gregwibert Wrote: Lagoon is planning on filling the main and over-flow parking lots and will be shuttling guests over from Station Park next year. Lagoon is already making plans for increased attendance. Get ready Lagoonatics for 2015! Shades

I guess there is always a downside to something new and awesome, and Cannibal will definitely draw a large amount of people. Why did you have to ruin my excitement?!

[Image: reallywill_zps1af6eaec.png]
I'm more concerned about what Lagoon as a whole will become after introducing such a big draw.
Ya can't build a 22 million dollar coaster and expect people to not flock to it. The attendance numbers will hopefully make Lagoon bring in a RMC custom to the park! If they don't. I'm sure Silverwood will have one soon!
(11-03-2014, 10:31 AM)Coasters Wrote: Ya can't build a 22 million dollar coaster and expect people to not flock to it. The attendance numbers will hopefully make Lagoon bring in a RMC custom to the park! If they don't. I'm sure Silverwood will have one soon!

With Lagoon's latest additions and what they have at their disposal, the next major coaster (which I don't expect for another 6-8 years) would most likely be in-house again. However, I expect many other things to come to Lagoon to fit the crowds before another major coaster comes along.