Saratoga Resort
Does anybody remember anything about Saratoga? I went there as a kid and I remember seeing a kiddie coaster and riding something like a see-saw that can go upside down.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/42563...tml?pg=all
(the article is 20 years old)

History suggests that Utah might just be able to support 2 amusement parks as long as nature cooperates.
Twirling Ribbons 
There was a Molina and Sons Type Kiddie Coaster and a Handful of Allen Herschel and/or Mangels Kiddie Rides, like the Catapillar, that I remember riding. Saratoga Springs was more of a Pool with some rides and was never in competition with Lagoon, like Saltair and Waldmeer was. Wink

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(06-11-2015, 06:54 AM)linearinduction Wrote: There was a Molina and Sons Type Kiddie Coaster and a Handful of Allen Herschel and/or Mangels Kiddie Rides, like the Catapillar, that I remember riding. Saratoga Springs was more of a Pool with some rides and was never in competition with Lagoon, like Saltair and Waldmeer was. Wink

Some good competetion would be good for Lagoon and Utah.
(06-11-2015, 10:23 AM)Coasters Wrote: Some good competetion would be good for Lagoon and Utah.
Except the Multi-Billion Dollar International Conglomerate (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, Inc, llc, lllp, lp,) known as "The Church," didn't feel Saltair Contributed to the Community. I wonder why Saltair Failed? *cough* No Investment *cough* Wink

DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
You might want to get that cough checked. Tongue
(06-11-2015, 06:54 AM)linearinduction Wrote: There was a Molina and Sons Type Kiddie Coaster and a Handful of Allen Herschel and/or Mangels Kiddie Rides, like the Catapillar, that I remember riding. Saratoga Springs was more of a Pool with some rides and was never in competition with Lagoon, like Saltair and Waldmeer was. Wink

That's how I remember it, it was crap, but I went there after the flood in 1983, and I'm guessing you did too. My parents told me at the time that it used to be more like Lagoon until the flood. According to RCDB it had a wild mouse before Lagoon did (maybe that's why Lagoon bought one). The article said it had a midway and 35 rides at one point, and that its heyday spanned the 2 decades before the flood. It even mentions rumors that Six Flags was going to buy it. So now I'm curious what it was like before 1983.
Twirling Ribbons 
(06-11-2015, 06:27 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: That's how I remember it, it was crap, but I went there after the flood in 1983, and I'm guessing you did too. My parents told me at the time that it used to be more like Lagoon until the flood. According to RCDB it had a wild mouse before Lagoon did (maybe that's why Lagoon bought one). The article said it had a midway and 35 rides at one point, and that its heyday spanned the 2 decades before the flood. It even mentions rumors that Six Flags was going to buy it. So now I'm curious what it was like before 1983.
There's not any photos at the Utah Historical Society from that time and not many photos at all of Saratoga Springs. In fact, there were more photos of Waldmeer than of Saratoga Springs, which is how we know they had a Side Friction Coaster around the same time, if not before Lagoon.

Saltair was sold by The Church in 1906. It was not the Church's fault that it failed. It suffered fires that took out the pavilions, windstorms that blew away the roller coaster, major changes in lake levels that eliminated the major attraction of "water you can't sink in," and never ending battles with brine flies, mosquitos, and lake stink. It is in a bad location, being as far (if not further) from downtown as Lagoon without a major population center on the other side. Additionally, construction of anything in the area requires expensive piers. The flood in 1983 was just the final nail in the coffin.

Just read the Saltair page in Wikipedia for further enlightenment.

-Z
When i was about 5 or6 my leg sliped through a rusty grate and cut my leg up preatty bad requering about 40 stitches . that's the only memory I have about Saratoga springs
I always come across old ads for Saratoga and it does look like it was quite a place for awhile. I've always wanted to look into its history more.