Lightning Rod - Dollywood - New For 2016
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Av8a8G8in4

Most of you probably know about this coaster already. But this ride looks awesome. Looks like another win for RMC.

Coming to Dollywood in 2016 Lightening Rod. The world's first launched coaster and the dip and air time hill after the launch and before the first drop will be awesome. The part of the ride I am most excited about is the terrain section where is hopes down the hill with several bunny hops looks epic.

Lagoon is really in need a new wood coaster. I hope they have that be their next project.
(08-23-2015, 03:44 PM)Coasters Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Av8a8G8in4

Most of you probably know about this coaster already. But this ride looks awesome. Looks like another win for RMC.

Coming to Dollywood in 2016 Lightening Rod. The world's first launched coaster and the dip and air time hill after the launch and before the first drop will be awesome. The part of the ride I am most excited about is the terrain section where is hopes down the hill with several bunny hops looks epic.

Lagoon is really in need a new wood coaster. I hope they have that be their next project.
"First Launched Lift Hill on a Wood Coaster" will only be if Lift is like Battlestar Gallactica or Twister.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(08-23-2015, 03:48 PM)linearinduction Wrote: "First Launched Lift Hill on a Wood Coaster" will only be if Lift is like Battlestar Gallactica or Twister.

Its a LSM launch at 45 MPH. So roughly as fast at Wicked's Launch speed.
(08-23-2015, 03:58 PM)Coasters Wrote: Its a LSM launch at 45 MPH. So roughly as fast at Wicked's Launch speed.
Again, the same as Battlestar Galactica. Wink

DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
(08-23-2015, 04:05 PM)linearinduction Wrote: Again, the same as Battlestar Galactica. Wink

The lift will launch. Battlestar Galactica is not a wood coaster.

Which Twister are you referring too?

Also why so much hatred for RMC?
(08-23-2015, 09:43 PM)Coasters Wrote: The lift will launch. Battlestar Galactica is not a wood coaster.

Which Twister are you referring too?

Also why so much hatred for RMC?

What I said was....
(08-23-2015, 03:48 PM)linearinduction Wrote: "First Launched Lift Hill on a Wood Coaster" will only be if Lift is like Battlestar Galactica or Twister.

I was describing the "Launched Lifts" used on Battlestar Galactica and Tornado at Bakken. Sometimes you think one thing and type another name instead. lol I don't hate RMC, but I'm more of a Traditionalist in regards to Wood Coasters. If I want to ride a Coaster with Inversions and Stuff, I can Ride a Steel. The parks and the public may feel differently. I'm wondering if the Coaster will actually "Launch" you over the Apex, or Not. It's also "Lightning Rod" Wink

Interesting, although I'm kinda on the same page as Sid re: traditionalism & woodies. A few banks & whatnot are okay,but when you start getting too fancy with inversions and wing-overs & all manner of aerobatics, it just feels unnatural. Heck, I'm not even sure I'm completely okay with a woodie having an LSM on it. In my world, woodies are synonymous with the clickety-clack of anti-rollbacks & chain lifts and the squeals & creaks of metal-on-metal as the track flexes. Some of these new woodies look like somebody started designing a steel coaster & said "Y'know what, what if we made this out of wood instead?"

That's not to say that I wouldn't ride it if I were nearby & had the chance, but the grumpy old conservative traditionalist in me says "quit trying to be so fancy with wood." I love the idea of it being integrated into terrain like that. I think that was one of the things I loved about Magic Mountain so much. I'd love to see a mountain-based amusement park someday, where rides are actually built into the hills and the midway is spread across different levels, and everything's not on one flat plane. But, I'm funny that way. Wink
(08-23-2015, 10:27 PM)DragonTamer Wrote: Interesting, although I'm kinda on the same page as Sid re:  traditionalism & woodies.  A few banks & whatnot are okay,but when you start getting too fancy with inversions and wing-overs & all manner of aerobatics, it just feels unnatural.  Heck, I'm not even sure I'm completely okay with a woodie having an LSM on it.  In my world, woodies are synonymous with the clickety-clack of anti-rollbacks & chain lifts and the squeals & creaks of metal-on-metal as the track flexes.  Some of these new woodies look like somebody started designing a steel coaster & said "Y'know what, what if we made this out of wood instead?"

That's not to say that I wouldn't ride it if I were nearby & had the chance, but the grumpy old conservative traditionalist in me says "quit trying to be so fancy with wood."  I love the idea of it being integrated into terrain like that.  I think that was one of the things I loved about Magic Mountain so much.  I'd love to see a mountain-based amusement park someday, where rides are actually built into the hills and the midway is spread across different levels, and everything's not on one flat plane.  But, I'm funny that way. Wink

Dollywood has been on my bucket list for awhile but this ride even more so. I understand the traditional wood coaster and I enjoy those. The Ibox track RMC's I like but I am more a fan of their track topper designs like this one and Outlaw Run. I'd love to get a chance to ride an RMC and hoping one comes to Silverwood someday.

This coaster besides the launch is pretty traditional. Yeah it has a wing over but not inversions. I hope it launches over the hill and because the M shape of the top of the launch and first drop should provide some good air time. My favorite part of the this coaster is the downhill multiple hops, I think looks to be a great fun. But I love airtime.
Don't know if anybody saw it or not (just happened to accidentally notice it while looking for something else), but if you go to the "Visitor Posts" on Lagoon's Facebook page and scroll down a few posts, there are some photos of Lightning Rod's construction posted by RMC. Looks pretty awesome!
(11-17-2015, 08:29 PM)DragonTamer Wrote: Don't know if anybody saw it or not (just happened to accidentally notice it while looking for something else), but if you go to the "Visitor Posts" on Lagoon's Facebook page and scroll down a few posts, there are some photos of Lightning Rod's construction posted by RMC.  Looks pretty awesome!

It does look like a fun ride. I found this online yesterday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mN5A6Vuo-dg