The Lost History of Saltair -A Book and Documentary Project
(03-14-2019, 11:10 PM)linearinduction Wrote: I hope there is a bidding war! That will really pay off. Smile

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

That would be awesome.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
(03-14-2019, 11:27 PM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: That would be awesome.
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
I've been finding out so cool stories about Lake Park, as my book will have a section on all the resorts that came before Saltair. I am currently digging up more info on Lake Park and have found out some cool side stories that involve the resort. They might make it into the book but I'm not sure yet. I did find a map of Lake Park though from 1886 and that will be in the book. Just a nice little update.

(03-29-2019, 12:39 PM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: I've been finding out so cool stories about Lake Park, as my book will have a section on all the resorts that came before Saltair. I am currently digging up more info on Lake Park and have found out some cool side stories that involve the resort. They might make it into the book but I'm not sure yet. I did find a map of Lake Park though from 1886 and that will be in the book. Just a nice little update.
Nice!

DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
3,000 people visited Lake Park on Pioneer Day 1888. It was the place to be.

Where was said lake park located? I ask because the building I work at is on Lake Park Blvd right off of bangater
(03-29-2019, 06:57 PM)DeLorean Wrote: Where was said lake park located? I ask because the building I work at is on Lake Park Blvd right off of bangater

About 2.5 miles west/ south west of where Lagoon is now. The remnants of Lake Park became Lagoon.

(03-29-2019, 07:03 PM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: About 2.5 miles west/ south west of where Lagoon is now. The remnants of Lake Park became Lagoon.
There's even more info here, and a Map of the D&RGW Lake Park Spur.

http://utahrails.net/utahrails/lake-park-resort.php

(03-30-2019, 07:52 AM)linearinduction Wrote: There's even more info here, and a Map of the D&RGW Lake Park Spur.

http://utahrails.net/utahrails/lake-park-resort.php

Yup. That site has some very good info I look at every so often.

There's a walking trail that leads out to a pond where Lake Park was.