Primordial - Lagoon's next roller coaster
How close do the cars get in overflow area to where those supports are?
BTW - There is now two cranes at the construction site now!
(05-14-2019, 07:21 PM)Willenator Wrote: How close do the cars get in overflow area to where those supports are?

When we where there last (the 4th) the cars filled every spot right up to the fencing of the construction
(05-14-2019, 05:39 PM)linearinduction Wrote: While that video is nice, the video appears to me to be taken from the Employee Parking Lot, which I believe to be technically and unauthorized area to park guests, so I would recommend sticking to photos from Sky Scraper to avoid any unnecessary confrontations with Lagoon Security in perhaps the future.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
This footage was filmed in an area that was open for public parking that day. I was not trespassing when I filmed this video. I can understand your assumption though.

On busy days the parking does get really close to where the supports are being stored. Which is great for taking video!

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
(05-14-2019, 07:46 PM)CoastersN\Stuff Wrote: This footage was filmed in an area that was open for public parking that day. I was not trespassing when I filmed this video. I can understand your assumption though.

On busy days the parking does get really close to where the supports are being stored. Which is great for taking video!

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Yea there was cars parked a foot away from the fencing that they put up to keep people away from everything...
Which brings me back to wondering what they are going to do in the fall for frieghtmares?
Are they going to turn people away once the lot is full? I can say that we got their about 3 and we where only a few cars away from the fence for the construction. So things are tight... I am hoping that lagoon is taking a really good look at how to handle parking once this new ride goes online
I think it is a matter of time before a parking garage is built. IMO

Tom
(05-14-2019, 09:38 PM)N827TM Wrote: I think it is a matter of time before a parking garage is built. IMO

Tom

If Lagoon hires Wadsworth Brothers (a major contractor on Primordial) to build that garage it might be a matter of a very, very long time based on how long their VA hospital garage is taking (Like 8 years so far, still no opening in sight).
Yay
(05-14-2019, 09:12 PM)DeLorean Wrote: Yea there was cars parked a foot away from the fencing that they put up to keep people away from everything...
Which brings me back to wondering what they are going to do in the fall for frieghtmares?
Are they going to turn people away once the lot is full? I can say that we got their about 3 and we where only a few cars away from the fence for the construction. So things are tight... I am hoping that lagoon is taking a really good look at how to handle parking once this new ride goes online
Two new cranes is exciting news. It definitely looks like everything needed to go vertical is on site. I too have been wondering about the parking situation especially during frightmares. The Saturday I went before Halloween was packed before Frightmares started. Then people started pouring in. I had no idea where they all parked.
(05-14-2019, 09:38 PM)N827TM Wrote: I think it is a matter of time before a parking garage is built. IMO

Tom
Once Lagoon repeatedly has to close the auto gates, then we can start speculating, but there's a lot of overflow that doesn't get used at all and Lagoon is in no hurry to move the Top Soil and clean up the boneyards.

(05-14-2019, 09:12 PM)DeLorean Wrote: Yea there was cars parked a foot away from the fencing that they put up to keep people away from everything...

The overflow lot wasn't that full, trust me, and the park was no where near capacity. If they were parking people out near the annex and in the field across from the Hampton Inn, then things would be tight. Additionally, as far as I'm aware, Lagoon has never had to close the auto gates and I doubt will need to.

DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(05-14-2019, 10:33 PM)linearinduction Wrote: Once Lagoon repeatedly has to close the auto gates, then we can start speculating, but there's a lot of overflow that doesn't get used at all and Lagoon is in no hurry to move the Top Soil and clean up the boneyards.

The overflow lot wasn't that full, trust me, and the park was no where near capacity. If they were parking people out near the annex and in the field across from the Hampton Inn, then things would be tight. Additionally, as far as I'm aware, Lagoon has never had to close the auto gates and I doubt will need to.

Never say never. If the crowds keep growing, especially if Primordial is a hit, it might happen sooner than later.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West