Disappearing Games
(05-04-2018, 04:04 PM)gregwibert Wrote: Lol!

How old is he now?

He is turning 15 at the end of the month. I hope he makes it. Happy

-Z
(05-04-2018, 04:18 PM)Z Wrote: He is turning 15 at the end of the month. I hope he makes it. Happy

-Z

That's rough. Lol!!
(05-02-2018, 09:12 PM)linearinduction Wrote: Midway Games are often referred to as "Games of Skill" because there is usually a trick or skill to win the game. Hitting the base of the milk cans is a "no crap dummy" kind of thing or throwing the ball underhand and with a spin to get it into the milk can. I've known people who are just really good at Lagoon's games and would hit their season limit during pre season.

It's why I don't really view the games as being "rigged" in the traditional sense of the term - you can win them if you know how.  Yes, they're set up in such a way that adds a certain level of difficulty to them (i.e. in the "Shoot the hoops" style games, using a regulation-size basketball and a non-regulation size hoop, and then making you shoot from an odd angle to boot), but I'm sure that the people who run them would insist that they don't want to make the games too easy.

(05-04-2018, 01:35 PM)linearinduction Wrote: This is why a lot of parks refer to Lost Parents, because most of the time, it's the Parents who are actually lost and the Kids knew what they were doing. lol

I used to work retail, and that's the term a couple of the ladies who worked the customer service desk and I used to use as well.  Of course, we'd usually just use it between ourselves and the kid in an effort to help keep the kid calm.  We'd find out the kid's name if they were old enough to communicate it (there was the occasional time where the kid would be a toddler just old enough to walk but not quite old enough to answer the question "What's your name?"), and then we'd get on the store PA system and say something along the lines of "Would the party of so-and-so please come to the customer service desk?"
Has any one played the King of Thrones game? It made my wife and I laugh walking past it last night.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
Did anybody notice Drown the Clown near Opera House Square has been converted into two different games? It's now Wrecking Ball and Tubs Of Fun. Just wondered when it changed. The Drown the Clown sign is still up.
I have not. Will have to stop by and get some pics.
I didn't notice. I usually ignore the games.
(06-09-2018, 02:51 PM)Brăden Wrote: Did anybody notice Drown the Clown near Opera House Square has been converted into two different games? It's now Wrecking Ball and Tubs Of Fun. Just wondered when it changed. The Drown the Clown sign is still up.

It changed a month or so ago. When Lagoon opened it was still the Clowns. 
Lagoon has been busy changing things up this year
(06-10-2018, 01:50 PM)DeLorean Wrote: It changed a month or so ago. When Lagoon opened it was still the Clowns. 
Lagoon has been busy changing things up this year
It's been like 2 or 3 weeks since Drown the Clown disappeared.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
Is the Tic-Tac-Toe game up near the employee kitchen new? I haven't been on the park for a month or so, but I swear I haven't seen that game before. Looked like it might be fun to try sometime.