What is Lagoon getting for 2019?
(08-17-2018, 02:56 PM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: I dunno. I rode Wicked for the first time in a couple years this year and it had not improved from when I rode it a few years ago in fact it even felt worse. Its really too bad as the ride is only 11 years old. If they could achieve the level of smoothness that Colossus has still after 30 years that would be sweet. Its really too bad I liked Wicked (the first half anyway lol)

I’ve rode wicked about 20 times this year.... the launch is really fun, the inversion is neat, but the rest of the ride jostles you around every single time. Not near as smooth as colossus.... What would Lagoon need to do to fix that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(08-17-2018, 05:14 PM)LSFMAN Wrote: I’ve rode wicked about 20 times this year.... the launch is really fun, the inversion is neat, but the rest of the ride jostles you around every single time. Not near as smooth as colossus.... What would Lagoon need to do to fix that?

Tear it apart and start over.  Actually if they just expanded it a bit I think that would help, the turns are too Tight .
(08-17-2018, 05:32 PM)Spy Hunter Wrote: Tear it apart and start over.  Actually if they just expanded it a bit I think that would help, the turns are too Tight .

Too tight for trains or too tight for your comfort?

(08-17-2018, 10:01 AM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: There is no room between LAB entrance and Dino Drop. Dino drops uses what little space there is for a "queue line." An inverted Kiddie coaster under a already inverted Kiddie coaster seems redundant lol. Besides there isn't smaller inverts than Bat. Now replacing Bat with an S&S invert or an S&S Family free fly would be sweet.

Bat usually gives a pretty lame ride as the first "drop" isn't a drop lol but last night it was giving a pretty decent ride. The ride is showing its age as the train was very loud in ways it shouldn't be and there was some pretty bad track joints that made the jr  Vekoma Hang & Bang even more so
Well I think they could make a smaller inverted coaster. I was thinking about the size of Puff The Little Fire Dragon but have it go the opposite direction.
(08-17-2018, 07:24 PM)A00967505 Wrote: Well I think they could make a smaller inverted coaster. I was thinking about the size of Puff The Little Fire Dragon but have it go the opposite direction.

If they ever decide to replace puff, I hope it’s not with a Zamperla. Speedy Gonzales at SFMM was horrible for a kiddie coaster!

When I posted my guess at that water ride I was kinda thinking it would go on the north midway since that's the area that lost its water ride, plus Scrambler is kinda lonely out there. Why does everybody assume the new ride would be in kiddieland?
Banana
There's an official answer on the new ride. Here's what Lagoon says about new rides in the history book:

Lagoon Wrote:One of the fun things about announcing a new ride at Lagoon is that once it is out, during construction and installation, employees are strictly prohibited from disclosing any information to family, friends, and especially the media. A new ride is a closely held secret. It's only on a need-to-know basis. However, that's all part of the fun. After all, Lagoon is first and foremost about fun!

That doesn't actually make much sense. First, since when does Lagoon announce new rides? I'm only aware of that happening twice. Second, it describes 'strict prohibitions on sharing information' as 'fun' twice and then says that's what Lagoon is all about. That's not fun at all. And apparently the media is the real enemy here? Like they might talk about Lagoon where people can see it? Heaven forbid.

Of course I know perfectly well that it's not about fun, it's about Lagoon trying to avoid the Osborne effect, which is a solid idea, but they take it too far by announcing rides after they open and avoiding the media, which kills any chance for hype to build up. They should announce a very vague ride description in January when everybody is cold and bored and looking forward to summer and slowly reveal more details as the year progresses.

If Lagoon did actually announce things like this most people still wouldn't be aware of it. Only a very small percent of people are so obsessed that they actually pay attention, and those people already have a pretty good idea that it will be a fun family ride and Dracula's Castle re-imagined. Lagoon should be trying to get the non-interested to be interested more than they should try to keep it a secret from the few who pay attention. We'll probably figure it out anyway.
Banana
(08-18-2018, 05:23 AM)jetstar2 Wrote: There's an official answer on the new ride. Here's what Lagoon says about new rides in the history book:

That doesn't actually make much sense. First, since when does Lagoon announce new rides? I'm only aware of that happening twice. Second, it describes 'strict prohibitions on sharing information' as 'fun' twice and then says that's what Lagoon is all about. That's not fun at all. And apparently the media is the real enemy here? Like they might talk about Lagoon where people can see it? Heaven forbid.

Of course I know perfectly well that it's not about fun, it's about Lagoon trying to avoid the Osborne effect, which is a solid idea, but they take it too far by announcing rides after they open and avoiding the media, which kills any chance for hype to build up. They should announce a very vague ride description in January when everybody is cold and bored and looking forward to summer and slowly reveal more details as the year progresses.

If Lagoon did actually announce things like this most people still wouldn't be aware of it. Only a very small percent of people are so obsessed that they actually pay attention, and those people already have a pretty good idea that it will be a fun family ride and Dracula's Castle re-imagined. Lagoon should be trying to get the non-interested to be interested more than they should try to keep it a secret from the few who pay attention. We'll probably figure it out anyway.
Just because they don't start marketing the new rides before they open, doesn't mean they go unannounced.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(08-17-2018, 02:56 PM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: I dunno. I rode Wicked for the first time in a couple years this year and it had not improved from when I rode it a few years ago in fact it even felt worse. Its really too bad as the ride is only 11 years old. If they could achieve the level of smoothness that Colossus has still after 30 years that would be sweet. Its really too bad I liked Wicked (the first half anyway lol)
The first year of the New bogies really improved the ride and it still tracks better. The problem always has been, and always will be the bad track joints on ZIERER's end. Stakotra fabricated the track to the correct specs, but the tolerances were no where they should be.
(08-17-2018, 05:14 PM)LSFMAN Wrote: I’ve rode wicked about 20 times this year.... the launch is really fun, the inversion is neat, but the rest of the ride jostles you around every single time. Not near as smooth as colossus.... What would Lagoon need to do to fix that?

New track fabricated by Intermountain Lift. This would be very expensive, and may happen down the line. What I really wanted to see was New Trains from ART Engineering with the Cannibal type restrains... unfortunately we just got new Chassis this year.

DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(08-18-2018, 12:21 PM)linearinduction Wrote: The first year of the New bogies really improved the ride and it still tracks better. The problem always has been, and always will be the bad track joints on ZIERER's end. Stakotra fabricated the track to the correct specs, but the tolerances were no where they should be.New track fabricated by Intermountain Lift. This would be very expensive, and may happen down the line. What I really wanted to see was New Trains from ART Engineering with the Cannibal type restrains... unfortunately we just got new Chassis this year.

If they rebuild the track they can remodel the ride like this one.

[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West