Séance 2018
Yeah... I might have to take a break from the booth. Thanks for the heads up!
(09-03-2018, 08:58 PM)HyggeMan Wrote: Hey Séance fans--the show's creator, Joey Wartnerchaney will be on a panel at Salt Lake's FanX convention on Friday, 9-7-18. I am moderating the panel and I'd love to have as many people there as possible to hear this talented creator who has done so much for Lagoon! If you're planning on going to FanX, PLEASE STOP IN! Invite others to come, too! We'll be in Room 255A from 1am to 2pm on Friday. I'd love to see you all there and he might even talk about this year's Séance show.

Hey, thanks that's awesome. I can honestly say that this is the first thing I've ever heard of taking place at Salt Lake Comic Con that I'd actually want to go to. I don't know if I'll spend the $40 bucks and end my perfect record of staying as far away from that event as possible... but maybe. I'm eying that Evermore opening the next day too. There must be some people on LiF who do Comic Con. Anybody who is needs to go to this!

Maybe the mods can make this it's own topic just to make sure it reaches everybody?
Twirling Ribbons 
(09-03-2018, 11:04 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: Hey, thanks that's awesome. I can honestly say that this is the first thing I've ever heard of taking place at Salt Lake Comic Con that I'd actually want to go to. I don't know if I'll spend the $40 bucks and end my perfect record of staying as far away from that event as possible... but maybe. I'm eying that Evermore opening the next day too. There must be some people on LiF who do Comic Con. Anybody who is needs to go to this!

Maybe the mods can make this it's own topic just to make sure it reaches everybody?
If I have time, I'll try to attend.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
(09-03-2018, 08:58 PM)HyggeMan Wrote: Hey Séance fans--the show's creator, Joey Wartnerchaney will be on a panel at Salt Lake's FanX convention on Friday, 9-7-18. I am moderating the panel and I'd love to have as many people there as possible to hear this talented creator who has done so much for Lagoon! If you're planning on going to FanX, PLEASE STOP IN! Invite others to come, too! We'll be in Room 255A from 1am to 2pm on Friday. I'd love to see you all there and he might even talk about this year's Séance show.

I have officially gotten word I will be there. I assume there will be a q&a time? I have... Five already? *Looks a bit sheepish*
I would love to go but unfortunately have to work. Maybe he'll drop a few clues about Dracula's Castle.
(09-04-2018, 02:32 PM)crooks.mark Wrote: I would love to go but unfortunately have to work. Maybe he'll drop a few clues about Dracula's Castle.

Lagoon has strict NDA's that never expire from what I can tell. He probably can't even talk about Terroride. It's foolish not to let him, but I doubt Lagoon sees it that way. He probably has a lot more leeway to talk about Seance since it's not Lagoon specific nor owned by Lagoon. Elitch has Seance too.

Here's the deets about the panel:
https://register.growtix.com/schedules/m...2?iframe=1

Just scrolling through the list of events to find the link and seeing the endless celebrity autograph cash-grabs and the Naruto cosplay tips panels made me queasy. Really wish I could attend something like this without it being related to Comic Con. The panel itself sounds great, but Comic Con... sorry I just can't do it. Best of luck though!
Twirling Ribbons 
I'll try to record it.
If I can wake up and get there in time I will go.
(09-04-2018, 07:37 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: Lagoon has strict NDA's that never expire from what I can tell. He probably can't even talk about Terroride. It's foolish not to let him, but I doubt Lagoon sees it that way. He probably has a lot more leeway to talk about Seance since it's not Lagoon specific nor owned by Lagoon. Elitch has Seance too.

Here's the deets about the panel:
https://register.growtix.com/schedules/m...2?iframe=1

Just scrolling through the list of events to find the link and seeing the endless celebrity autograph cash-grabs and the Naruto cosplay tips panels made me queasy. Really wish I could attend something like this without it being related to Comic Con. The panel itself sounds great, but Comic Con... sorry I just can't do it. Best of luck though!
Yes I'm sure he's not allowed to talk about anything but I do see he reads this forum so he is aware of what is being talked about.
(09-06-2018, 02:41 PM)crooks.mark Wrote: Yes I'm sure he's not allowed to talk about anything but I do see he reads this forum so he is aware of what is being talked about.

Well we can't absolutely prove that so I'll just keep not mentioning it after this... but if that's true it's really kind of a strange scenario. It's like celebrity turned inside-out. We all know who this guy is and talk about him like he's a celebrity but we've never heard anything he has to say, all while he's listening to us. I guess this panel thing will change that, especially if it gets up on Youtube.

I did find a video with him talking about making movies and he seems super cool. I do wish I could go to the panel, I'd ask him how the process for creating a dark-ride show differs from creating film/stage show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp1TPnckrYw
Twirling Ribbons