Séance 2018
I wonder if you will buy your tickets on the side of the house? The should have all of the facades done by opening, but if séance's façade is not done then, then it will just mean it will open later, just like last year. I am thinking they are going to paint the house gray, because I do not really see it being a brown wood color, but I guess we will have to see. Just one of the many confusing new things at frightmares this season.
(09-08-2018, 02:59 PM)Lagoon Lover Wrote: I wonder if you will buy your tickets on the side of the house? The should have all of the facades done by opening, but if séance's façade is not done then, then it will just mean it will open later, just like last year. I am thinking they are going to paint the house gray, because I do not really see it being a brown wood color, but I guess we will have to see. Just one of the many confusing new things at frightmares this season.

Yeah, I'm sure you'll buy the tickets there. I'm also sure it will be painted multiple colors. I think there's going to be a false balcony above the door and more roof to make it even more closely resemble a doll house. It would make sense that there would be house scenes and creepy life-sized dolls in there too. I'd also suspect that an actual matching dollhouse will be used within the show as a prop somehow.

While I guess it would be possible to remove it for the regular season and put it back again it for Frightmares depending on how it's built, it seems like a much bigger pain to move than all the other Frightmares stuff. I'm hoping it just stays permanently and Seance runs all year (or at least on weekends). I mean, it's within the 'X-venture zone' and everything so why not? It sounds a lot better than the go-karts.

Maybe that panel touched on some of this stuff. I'm looking forward to seeing the video.

-----

*Edit: If anybody out there happens to be trying to acquire creepy dolls for something like this, they could PM me. We have a whole house and storage unit full of them since it's a major part of the family business. We have an awful lot of them that aren't particularly valuable and are taking up space, but the creep factor is high. Most of them are pre-1970's. We love amusement parks and haunts and would probably be willing to make good deals if we knew the dolls might go in something like that. I also know how to keep my mouth shut when necessary.

Here's just a couple of my housemates:

Banana
^ Those dolls look amazing.

Here are some updated photos from Sunday:

[Image: BdxOKSk.jpg]

[Image: HsPewsE.jpg]
I hope this stays up permanently even if Seance doesn't operate the whole season. This is really up classing this area of the park.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
(09-09-2018, 11:56 PM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: I hope this stays up permanently even if Seance doesn't operate the whole season. This is really up classing this area of the park.

It's looking awesome. That thing is huge, I don't think it's sectional, it weighs several tons, and those posts are anchored to the concrete. I would be shocked if they tried to remove/rebuild it every year.

Agreed on it being an overall park improvement. It seems that JW is fulfilling the previously vacant role of creative director quite well. If some of that creativity gets spread around the park during the regular season and we get hints about stuff on social media I won't be able to complain about anything at Lagoon anymore.
Banana
(09-10-2018, 12:08 AM)jetstar2 Wrote: If some of that creativity gets spread around the park during the regular season and we get hints about stuff on social media I won't be able to complain about anything at Lagoon anymore.

Now hold on. This is the Internet. We will always find something to complain about!
(09-10-2018, 12:10 AM)Willenator Wrote: Now hold on. This is the Internet. We will always find something to complain about!

Yes of course, but I'll have to find new complaints.
Banana
Yeah that facade is not going anywhere. This may be the completion of the 'Seance" theater. As Luke mentioned maybe with this added element maybe Lagoon is planning on using this during the whole operating season
Just a quick update: I am trying to delete some of the less relevant stuff (like discussing books and usernames and such). I am hoping to get it up tonight or tomorrow morning.

Actually, I got a chance to finish the last couple of things. Sorry about the background noise, and over all bad quality. I was having to use my back up voice recorder and it really sucks. There's also a very sudden cut where I realized I was spoiling a bit of the tech side of Seance, and figured it was better to keep things pure.

Thank you so much for getting this and putting it up! Listening now.
Banana