Lagoon Biergarten
(06-02-2019, 07:52 AM)JordanM Wrote: Lagoon surely gets as many parts as possible locally (i.e., the US), but price and lead time are going to be limiting factors, not to mention there are certain parts which can only be ordered through a ride/component's manufacturer directly. This is why it's not uncommon to see that something is closed pending delivery of foreign parts. International shipping can be a real headache. For example, some parts I recently ordered direct from China have a huge estimated delivery window of June 12 - July 8.

Yes, but that has to do more with Tariffs then anything else. Get something from the UK or Germany and it won't take that long...
(06-02-2019, 06:44 PM)DeLorean Wrote: Yes, but that has to do more with Tariffs then anything else. Get something from the UK or Germany and it won't take that long...

I disagree. This is a pretty typical occurrence for me with international shipping, granted the window from China has certainly been affected by tariffs. I generally see a 2-week delivery window with anything international, not including lead time if a part has to be made.
(06-01-2019, 10:57 PM)Spy Hunter Wrote: i think even 75% percent is pushing it, because I think the control system is also from Art.   Where is z when we need him....be interesting to know exactly how much or very close is produced local.

Sorry, I was sleeping and didn't seen the Z-signal flying through the sky...

Individual components of any system may be procured locally. However, because of the way some of these systems have been purchased, you may have trouble. As you walk through the park, you see a variety of motor suppliers, electrical component manufacturers, and mechanical components.

Many of the newer motors come from US-Motors and SEW-Eurodrive, but you can find replacements for motors very easily by matching up frames and mounting arrangements.

Certainly structural steel and track are procured and manufactured locally, with several steel fabricators that are very capable in the area. 

Bearings are very tricky. China attempted to corner the market about 10-years ago, leading to the issue with Samurai where it was waiting on parts for 18-months. Precision bearings were simply not available anywhere, largely due to global mining demands taking precedence during the shortage.

Electrical components can usually be substituted for generic items, such as breakers or motor starters, but anytime you get involved with program logic, you have to replace in-kind. This can cause problems as systems age and components become less available and you wind up needing to source components out of other facility's used parts bins. Otherwise, you need to rewrite the code, which gets expensive.

Also, sometimes a manufacturer will put in a knick-knack that you can't get from anybody but them. They charge a premium and are not kept in stock. That is when you wind up with the major delays. I would expect this to be more common on low volume equipment, of which the rides are a prime example.

-Z
Lagoon will be going live on Facebook tomorrow to reveal some of the food that will be available at the Biergarten![Image: e479089b41d85ca94496dccaf24770ed.jpg]

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
(06-03-2019, 09:04 PM)CoastersN\Stuff Wrote: Lagoon will be going live on Facebook tomorrow to reveal some of the food that will be available at the Biergarten![Image: e479089b41d85ca94496dccaf24770ed.jpg]

I'm excited to see that. I was looking at the Biergarten today and other than a little clean up and landscaping it looks ready to go.
It said 1pm right? I haven't seen anything going live yet
Well they haven't gone live yet, but they did post this.[Image: 64c8a5068f67970b93dcca01f7563b95.jpg]

(05-30-2019, 02:35 PM)linearinduction Wrote: Disclaimer: I am not a spokesperson for Lagoon or any other affiliated company and the opinions expressed are solely my own based on observations.

The Lagoon Biergarten appears to me to be nearing completion. It also appears to me there may be a possibility of it soft opening on Saturday. Again, this is not based on anything I have heard/been told, just my own personal observations and opinions.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
I wanted to post this a while ago, but I couldn't find this online....So I had to make it myself
Enjoy!
https://youtu.be/LsrJBlf88lg
(06-04-2019, 01:45 PM)CoastersN\Stuff Wrote: Well they haven't gone live yet, but they did post this.[Image: 64c8a5068f67970b93dcca01f7563b95.jpg]

Tacos?  Tacos!?  It's a little late for April Fool's jokes, no?  Seriously, they'd better not.  I might be pissed enough to not go.
That sounds like something Six Flags would serve in a Biergarden

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk