Lagoon Biergarten
(06-04-2019, 07:14 PM)DragonTamer Wrote: Tacos?  Tacos!?  It's a little late for April Fool's jokes, no?  Seriously, they'd better not.  I might be pissed enough to not go.

(06-04-2019, 07:51 PM)LSFMAN Wrote: That sounds like something Six Flags would serve in a Biergarden

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Is it time to revive the great taco debate already? It might be a wiser decision to just accept that tacos are the pinnacle of all human achievement and let it go.

[Image: tenor.gif][Image: tenor.gif][Image: tenor.gif][Image: tenor.gif][Image: tenor.gif]
Banana
Win
It's not just tacos, it's just an overall disappointment in the direction they went with the food. If it was just a generic food stand, wouldn't mind so much if it was the glorified food court that they're turning it into (with salads, tacos, burgers, whatever). But, they put all of this investment into something obviously Bavarian themed and totally blew the opportunity to focus on some amazing German pub food that would be great (like spaetzle, German potato salad, sauerkraut/red cabbage, brats, and more) that just aren't common around here.

Just really disappointed they went the way they did with the food choices... think they missed a big opportunity.
(06-04-2019, 11:50 PM)DragonTamer Wrote: It's not just tacos, it's just an overall disappointment in the direction they went with the food.  If it was just a generic food stand, wouldn't mind so much if it was the glorified food court that they're turning it into (with salads, tacos, burgers, whatever).  But, they put all of this investment into something obviously Bavarian themed and totally blew the opportunity to focus on some amazing German pub food that would be great (like spaetzle, German potato salad, sauerkraut/red cabbage, brats, and more) that just aren't common around here.

Just really disappointed they went the way they did with the food choices... think they missed a big opportunity.

I missed the video I guess, but it sounds like they'll have the kind of food I was expecting. They had said they'd have European and North American foods often found in drinking establishments so I pretty much expected bratwurst, fish and chips, burgers, nachos and maybe pizza. Is that basically what they said? Yeah, it's mostly not German, but it's what Americans/Utahns want to eat. I can see why you'd be disappointed if you wanted a lot of German stuff. I honestly care more about the buildings than the food.
Banana
(06-04-2019, 07:51 PM)LSFMAN Wrote: That sounds like something Six Flags would serve in a Biergarden

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Six Flags wouldn't build a Biergarten...they'd throw up a fireworks type event tent complete with the colored water barrels. lol

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(06-05-2019, 01:16 PM)linearinduction Wrote: Six Flags wouldn't build a Biergarten...they'd throw up a fireworks type event tent complete with the colored water barrels. lol

Win
Since no one has mentioned it, I guess I will.

There are direction signs in the Biergarten in German and English. There is the Outdoor Seating Area, Food Hall and Restrooms (Yes, there WILL be Restrooms!), and Bierhaus (Beer House). At least, that's what one of the direction signs say.

DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
(06-05-2019, 01:16 PM)linearinduction Wrote: Six Flags wouldn't build a Biergarten...they'd throw up a fireworks type event tent complete with the colored water barrels. lol

Yeah that's true still better than what Seven Peaks would do. Lol
Tuck, Roll, and Aim for the grass!
(06-05-2019, 09:56 PM)CPrider Wrote: Yeah that's true still better than what Seven Peaks would do. Lol
That would be Patio Furniture from Costco.

(06-05-2019, 02:46 PM)linearinduction Wrote: Since no one has mentioned it, I guess I will.

There are direction signs in the Biergarten in German and English. There is the Outdoor Seating Area, Food Hall and Restrooms (Yes, there WILL be Restrooms!), and Bierhaus (Beer House). At least, that's what one of the direction signs say.

I noticed the direction signs on Monday. They look really nice...well everything does...