Lagoon Biergarten
(06-10-2019, 09:33 PM)Spy Hunter Wrote: yep and u need to come this weekend and check it out!

I want to come check it out and film stuff and make some more videos but one of my immediate family members has terminal cancer and I have to be home to take care of them, take care of our business, drive to/from the hospital, and spend time with my family. I don't know when I'll be able to come see it, but when I can I will.
Banana
(06-10-2019, 09:59 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: I want to come check it out and film stuff and make some more videos but one of my immediate family members has terminal cancer and I have to be home to take care of them, take care of our business, drive to/from the hospital, and spend time with my family. I don't know when I'll be able to come see it, but when I can I will.

Ill get some video for you on Wednesday
I just got back from Lagoon. All I can say is WOW!!! They've truly knocked it out of the park with the Biergarten. The level of attention to detail IMO is almost Disney level. The food is very good with a wide variety of choices. They also have an impressive 20 beers on tap. Beer prices range from between $7 to $9 depending on variety and size. The bathrooms are even very nice! They are located in the main building where the great hall is. In the smaller building is the grab 'n go section. That building houses a bar on the other side. Anyway what a great addition to the park. I hope you all enjoy it as much as I did. BTW there is no smoking section.
(06-10-2019, 10:02 PM)DeLorean Wrote: Ill get some video for you on Wednesday

Thanks! The Adventure Vlog has a pretty good video of it, but he doesn't really show everything and keeps pointing the camera up way too high. I don't wanna do the vlog thing... I wanna make informational videos about past, present and future Utah attractions while trying not to anger Braden (I don't care if anybody else doesn't like it lol). Anyway, I'd like to do another Primordial video more than I want to do a Biergarten one, but I have no time to do anything now. Hopefully at some point in the future.
Banana
At 6:17 in this video there's a wooden part of the sign that says "Guten Tag". Somebody ought to have a good look at that and see if it can be flipped or moved to different German greetings at times of day when "Guten Tag" isn't normally used.

Edit: I'm really, really liking everything except the clock tower. The clock should have gone in the top triangular face of the tower and the tower should be covered in stone/brick.
Banana
(06-10-2019, 10:48 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: Edit: I'm really, really liking everything except the clock tower. The clock should have gone in the top triangular face of the tower and the tower should be covered in stone/brick.

I agree. The clock tower could be better but the rest looks pretty cool. Should have been a dark ride lol
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
    We went to Lagoon on Monday 6/10. They had security guards posted outside Biergarten and couldn't let anyone in until they got the OK to. At 1 p.m. the guard said it would be awhile and we gave up and left. 

Tonight 6/12 we went to Lagoon in evening, decided to go try out the new restaurant at 6:30. Still a security guard posted at entrance whose sole job seemed to be preventing anyone from taking drinks inside (and I would presume taking them from inside to back in the park). 

As someone who has lots of food allergies I was excited to try those Vegan cauliflower wings that were in that video that was posted, but they were not listed on the menu. I believe the menu board is digital and can change at any time. There was 5 of us. We ordered:

1. (2) nachos - very generous portions, could be shared
2. Mozeralla sticks
3. Chicken strips w/fries
4. Bratwurst sandwich w/authentic German potato salad 
(3) fountain drinks
(1) $8 beer.

Total $70

which is reasonable for quantity and quality of food. The ONLY other place  I can really eat in the park is Teriyaki Stix and with a drink is like $12 or so. The service was good, as there were a lot of employees. I realize it's their soft opening but the place was practically deserted. There were a few other people there but not many. I hope Lagoon succeeds with this. The beer selection is amazing. Most chain restaurants don't have that many on tap. But, I see it taking along time to make back the money they have spent. 

I just thought of the idea maybe they are planing an Oktoberfest celebration around this? Thoughts?
I also wondered if they would do an October fest during Frightmares. It is still in soft opening so I was told availability of items varies on what they have left. From what I've heard from media outlets the 'official' opening and news stories will be next week.
(06-13-2019, 12:30 AM)crooks.mark Wrote: I also wondered if they would do an October fest during Frightmares. It is still in soft opening so I was told availability of items varies on what they have left. From what I've heard from media outlets the 'official' opening and news stories will be next week.

It's not October fest, it's Oktoberfest... (As a sidenote, this thread might be the only time that me knowing German will be useful!) I can verify that the directional signs in the Beirgarten are the proper German words for what they are trying to say, so Lagoon gets some bonus points for that.
I checked it out on Tuesday. Seems pretty small. I wonder if it will fill to capacity quickly / they will turn people away (similar to LAB) ?

Didn't eat or drink anything so no idea if the food is worth the price.