North Entrance Gate Rumor/Speculation
(11-18-2018, 01:51 PM)DaSpanishPotato Wrote: I know that ownership hasn't changed, but style has. Before, Lagoon wasn't really adding many thrill rides (Don't get me wrong, they still had a decent selection), but now, they have been adding lots more thrilling attractions and family attractions.

How far back are we talking? Lagoon has added a thrill ride every few years for as long as I can remember.
(11-19-2018, 01:13 PM)Willenator Wrote: How far back are we talking? Lagoon has added a thrill ride every few years for as long as I can remember.

There was that one year in 1994 when they installed the non thrilling, out of place water slide lol.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
(11-19-2018, 01:24 PM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: There was that one year in 1994 when they installed the non thrilling, out of place water slide lol.
*snickers*

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(11-10-2018, 09:58 PM)DaSpanishPotato Wrote: Cool idea, but would definitely NEVER happen.
1) Lagoon already has a large-scale coaster that has a top-hat, Wicked.
2) Lagoon would never build an indoor water park, because for them, LAB is good enough.
3) Lagoon wouldn't want to move Dracula's Castle, or the arcade, because it would be REALLY expensive.
4) This structure that you're talking about, it would be really expensive. They would have to delay the next coaster by about 3 years. That would be about 7 years between coasters.
5) This building would be taller than lots of the coasters at the park, which as far as I know, no park has ever built a structure that is taller than most of their rides.
6) Music Express is already on the chopping block, due to the Jumping Dragon.
7) This building would be able to act as a stand-alone entertainment complex, similar to Boondocks.
8) Lagoon would likely never get a dive coaster, as they have two coasters that have very steep drops, and the way that you're talking, they would have four coasters with vertical or steeper drops, which simply doesn't make any sense for a park like Lagoon.
9) Lagoon would not want to put a Sky Ride up so high, that they would have to build a loading station up three stories just to unload. Also, the amount of stairs that would be required for it would just be bad.
10) Lagoon simply doesn't need another drop-off area.

I know alot of my ideas will probably never happen I just like to put my ideas on here for fun if I could afford a computer program that allows you to redesign the park how you want I would probably do that. About the building I suggested: 1) the top hat coaster would be a different type than Wicked since this one would launch you down the track then go up vertically then turn 90 degrees then go vertically down the other side while spiraling around the side of the tower then return to the station. It would also be at least 200 Ft. tall.
2) The indoor water park would be open year round or they could put a bowling alley there or something else.
3)I just think an arcade would be a good thing in that building and I think that Dracula's Castle would be a good indoor ride. The building would also be open for a couple years before they moved that stuff inside the building which would give them time to save up money.
4)I don't expect the next coaster to open until 2021 so that's 6 years between coasters and last year I wasn't expecting the next one untill 2025.
5)Well yeah at least for now but it would be something that makes the park different from other parks.
6) I don't really care if they remove Music Express since it is one of my least favourite rides .If they keep it I think they should add some padding to the outside edge since it's really uncomfortable to be pressed against a hard metal bar.
7)The idea of the building is to double as a stand alone entertainment complex since it would be open year round except for the rides that go outside the building which would be in parts of the building that can be closed off in the winter. During the operating season people would be able to buy a pass that included just that building and it would allow entrance to the park but you wouldn't be able to go on any rides that are not in the building except for the East West Sky Ride unless you bought an upgrade or get tickets.
8) Yeah but I also think they should put some type of a compact coaster where Music Express is currently, a flying coaster west of Spider, a 4th dimension coaster in the area currently occupied by: Paratrooper, Boomerang, Tilt-A-Whirl, and Scrambler, an inverted looping coaster behind Tidal Wave, a mine train coaster in pioner village where the picnic tables are which I think they should move to the middle of the north half of Rattlesnake Rapids. Or they could put the mine train coaster in the middle of the north half of Rattlesnake Rapids and put a sound barrier up., a pipeline coaster east of the Bat, another compact coaster in the area currently occupied by the entrance to Dracula's Castle, the season pasport building, and the guest services building, a wing coaster west of the current entrance with a path to walk under it and enough space for the East West Sky Ride to go through it, a racing coaster on the north side of the Roller Coaster, a stand up coaster west of Wicked, some other inverted coaster west of that, and a shuttle coaster west of that. 
9) this Sky Ride would have to be high enough to go over the other one and the building would already have alot of stairs even before the ride is installed since the entrance line starts on the 2nd floor and the exit line exits to the second floor.
10) I think the current drop off area gets really crowded sometimes and that it would be nice if people had a choice on which one they wanted to go to.
(01-03-2019, 03:51 AM)A00967505 Wrote: I know alot of my ideas will probably never happen I just like to put my ideas on here for fun if I could afford a computer program that allows you to redesign the park how you want I would probably do that. About the building I suggested: 1) the top hat coaster would be a different type than Wicked since this one would launch you down the track then go up vertically then turn 90 degrees then go vertically down the other side while spiraling around the side of the tower then return to the station. It would also be at least 200 Ft. tall.
2) The indoor water park would be open year round or they could put a bowling alley there or something else.
3)I just think an arcade would be a good thing in that building and I think that Dracula's Castle would be a good indoor ride. The building would also be open for a couple years before they moved that stuff inside the building which would give them time to save up money.
4)I don't expect the next coaster to open until 2021 so that's 6 years between coasters and last year I wasn't expecting the next one untill 2025.
5)Well yeah at least for now but it would be something that makes the park different from other parks.
6) I don't really care if they remove Music Express since it is one of my least favourite rides .If they keep it I think they should add some padding to the outside edge since it's really uncomfortable to be pressed against a hard metal bar.
7)The idea of the building is to double as a stand alone entertainment complex since it would be open year round except for the rides that go outside the building which would be in parts of the building that can be closed off in the winter. During the operating season people would be able to buy a pass that included just that building and it would allow entrance to the park but you wouldn't be able to go on any rides that are not in the building except for the East West Sky Ride unless you bought an upgrade or get tickets.
8) Yeah but I also think they should put some type of a compact coaster where Music Express is currently, a flying coaster west of Spider, a 4th dimension coaster in the area currently occupied by: Paratrooper, Boomerang, Tilt-A-Whirl, and Scrambler, an inverted looping coaster behind Tidal Wave, a mine train coaster in pioner village where the picnic tables are which I think they should move to the middle of the north half of Rattlesnake Rapids. Or they could put the mine train coaster in the middle of the north half of Rattlesnake Rapids and put a sound barrier up., a pipeline coaster east of the Bat, another compact coaster in the area currently occupied by the entrance to Dracula's Castle, the season pasport building, and the guest services building, a wing coaster west of the current entrance with a path to walk under it and enough space for the East West Sky Ride to go through it, a racing coaster on the north side of the Roller Coaster, a stand up coaster west of Wicked, some other inverted coaster west of that, and a shuttle coaster west of that. 
9) this Sky Ride would have to be high enough to go over the other one and the building would already have alot of stairs even before the ride is installed since the entrance line starts on the 2nd floor and the exit line exits to the second floor.
10) I think the current drop off area gets really crowded sometimes and that it would be nice if people had a choice on which one they wanted to go to.

I love roller coasters but your ideas for adding a coaster everywhere in the park is just un realistic and unneeded. The one idea you do have a good idea on though is the drop off area. Lagoon needs a slightly larger an one.  

On affording a program to redesign parks, Sketchup a 3D modeling program is free and No Limits 2 standard is only 40 bucks but you can always pay the 90 bucks for the Pro edition. I have the pro addtion and its awesome. Using these two programs together its possible to make changes to a park. http://nolimitscoaster.com/index.php/buy-now
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
(01-03-2019, 09:28 AM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: I love roller coasters but your ideas for adding a coaster everywhere in the park is just un realistic and unneeded. The one idea you do have a good idea on though is the drop off area. Lagoon needs a slightly larger an one.  

On affording a program to redesign parks, Sketchup a 3D modeling program is free and No Limits 2 standard is only 40 bucks but you can always pay the 90 bucks for the Pro edition. I have the pro addtion and its awesome. Using these two programs together its possible to make changes to a park. http://nolimitscoaster.com/index.php/buy-now
Ok I do think that they should keep the largest number of roller coasters in the southwest midway like they have right now. It would probably take a while for the others to catch up since there are 5 roller coasters in the southwest midway currently which is half of the currently operating coasters. The southeast midway would have to add 3 more to catch up. The northeast midway even if they are currently building one would still need 2 more to catch up. And the northwest midway would need 4 more to catch up.