(11-18-2018, 08:48 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: I really would like to see Lagoon go back to the days of having a full season walk through attraction.
If they had the Fun House of Fear as a full season walk-through, that would end up being my favorite non-ride at Lagoon. I honestly have no clue why I love that thing so much!
(11-18-2018, 08:52 PM)DaSpanishPotato Wrote: If they had the Fun House of Fear as a full season walk-through, that would end up being my favorite non-ride at Lagoon. I honestly have no clue why I love that thing so much!
You should go to Haunt at Knott's then! The Depths, Trick or Treat, Dark Ride, and Paranormal Inc. just blew my socks off!

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(11-18-2018, 08:52 PM)DaSpanishPotato Wrote: If they had the Fun House of Fear as a full season walk-through, that would end up being my favorite non-ride at Lagoon. I honestly have no clue why I love that thing so much!

Funhouse of fear is my favorite walkthrough at frightmares, mostly for the nostalgia, effects, and actors, but it is long, and the most fun one there.
I miss classic, original  funnel cakes.
(11-18-2018, 08:55 PM)linearinduction Wrote: You should go to Haunt at Knott's then! The Depths, Trick or Treat, Dark Ride, and Paranormal Inc. just blew my socks off!

Knotts scary farms is fantastic from the videos I have seen, so  I have no right to fully judge it, but I feel like they need more shows, more theming in the scare zones, and some better acting. The set designs and such look fantastic though.
My predictions for next year. Some new food places and shops, as they are taking out a-lot of the old games.

Draculas castle re-done. Why else would they re-paint so suddenly, and I rode it one last time a few weeks ago, and nothing was working, it was like they did not care what happened to it in the last few weeks.

The beer garden. (Duh)

Some sort of new attraction, some small ride or something. Not much new was this year, so I expect something thrilling of some sort in 2019. Something is probably going in the old bathroom location, as they are brining construction on that out onto the campsite road.
Hopefully we get something in Kiddyland. I spend pretty much all my time there lol.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
(11-18-2018, 09:55 PM)Lagoon Lover Wrote: Knotts scary farms is fantastic from the videos I have seen, so  I have no right to fully judge it, but I feel like they need more shows, more theming in the scare zones, and some better acting. The set designs and such look fantastic though.
You are absolutely right! You really shouldn't judge! lol J/K

There is absolutely no video out there that can do haunt justice. Video just cannot properly record the physical ambiance and lighting effects properly.

The 2 shows they do are plenty. Lagoon only had one show for FRIGHTMARES! this past season (10 Minutes of not really dancing or doing anything with the Chainsaws doesn't count as a show). Never saw any streetmosphere at Lagoon either.

There's a lot that happens in those scare zones you don't/can't see in Video. There's also a crap ton more Fog in Knott's compared to Lagoon, and it's very dark. The Screamsters and Sliders are very good at what they do!

There were 8 Houses, each with Queues over 1 Hour (1.5 for a couple), and many people we talked to, had been there since opening at 7pm and only gone through one or 2 Houses and a handful of Rides, and that was at 1 am. We were able to do HangTime, CoastRider, Xcelerator, Montezuma's Revenge, Silver Bullet, Ghostrider, Calico Mine Ride, and 5 of the 8 Houses between 9pm and 2am with Fastlane and Frightlane.

DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(11-18-2018, 10:13 PM)Lagoon Lover Wrote: My predictions for next year. Some new food places and shops, as they are taking out a-lot of the old games.

Draculas castle re-done. Why else would they re-paint so suddenly, and I rode it one last time a few weeks ago, and nothing was working, it was like they did not care what happened to it in the last few weeks.

The beer garden. (Duh)

Some sort of new attraction, some small ride or something. Not much new was this year, so I expect something thrilling of some sort in 2019. Something is probably going in the old bathroom location, as they are brining construction on that out onto the campsite road.
I was pretty sure DC was going to be redone last off season and was quite surprised it wasn't. I think the beer garden is going to be their major off season project this year and getting this close to the 2020 project I'm pretty sure that is where their focus will be. Will had an idea awhile back that maybe they would redo it for it's 50th anniversary like Terroride. That would be 2024. Anything is possible though. Lagoon has snuck things though before (seance) that caught everyone by surprise.
(11-19-2018, 01:01 AM)crooks.mark Wrote: I was pretty sure DC was going to be redone last off season and was quite surprised it wasn't. I think the beer garden is going to be their major off season project this year and getting this close to the 2020 project I'm pretty sure that is where their focus will be. Will had an idea awhile back that maybe they would redo it for it's 50th anniversary like Terroride. That would be 2024. Anything is possible though. Lagoon has snuck things though before (seance) that caught everyone by surprise.
Ive thought about them waiting until 2024 but after riding castle for the first time in many years this last season the ride is in bad shape and needs to be sooner.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
(11-19-2018, 07:55 AM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: Ive thought about them waiting until 2024 but after riding castle for the first time in many years this last season the ride is in bad shape and needs to be sooner.
I completely agree. I don't think they're even fixing things in there anymore.