Bug - unreadable threads
Last night there was a thread posted with the interesting title "Things that I can confirm" but when you clicked the link you were given an error page suggesting you weren't fully registered with the site and you should have you activation code resent. I've never seen that bug on these forums before. Now the post is just gone. Has the cause of the bug been discovered and prevented from occurring again?
Twirling Ribbons 
(11-18-2018, 07:01 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: Last night there was a thread posted with the interesting title "Things that I can confirm" but when you clicked the link you were given an error page suggesting you weren't fully registered with the site and you should have you activation code resent. I've never seen that bug on these forums before. Now the post is just gone. Has the cause of the bug been discovered and prevented from occurring again?
You weren't authorized to view it I guess. lol

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(11-18-2018, 07:01 PM)linearinduction Wrote: You weren't authorized to view it I guess. lol

It's not possible for a regular registered user to create a thread that others aren't authorized to view, and it also breaks the readability and usefulness of the site, hence the bug report.
Twirling Ribbons 
(11-18-2018, 07:11 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: It's not possible for a regular registered user to create a thread that others aren't authorized to view, and it also breaks the readability and usefulness of the site, hence the bug report.
Awww, I guess you REALLY weren't meant to view it. lol

DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
(11-18-2018, 07:01 PM)linearinduction Wrote: You weren't authorized to view it I guess. lol

(11-18-2018, 07:21 PM)linearinduction Wrote: Awww, I guess you REALLY weren't meant to view it. lol

That may be, I wouldn't know. That's not a thing I've ever seen on this site. If a person posts something they feel they shouldn't have they can always delete or edit the post, and that's completely understandable. But here it appears that a moderator chose to hide information, potentially because that moderator felt too much information about Lagoon was said, which would be a pretty ridiculous reason to hide a thread on a Lagoon fan site.

If the goal is to create and maintain a vibrant discussion community, a simple explanation of the situation would be a lot more productive than acting like a jackass. That's the same kind of sheet I had to delete my TPR account over.

I repeatedly tried to read an interesting looking thread last night and repeatedly came to a page that said I needed to activate my account. It's a pretty weird bug and it's reasonable to want to know why that happened.
Twirling Ribbons 
I didn't see it. That's interesting though. I wonder if Will took care of it?
I saw it, but I have no idea what happened. lol

I saw it too & had the same experience. I don't know who started the thread, but based on who I saw last posted in it and some other things, I assumed it had been moderated; I've never seen a thread hidden like that before, though. Was definitely a bit odd. I suspect the thread was moderated and just still showed up in the "latest posts" widget instead of cleanly being removed from view.
(11-18-2018, 08:11 PM)linearinduction Wrote: I saw it, but I have no idea what happened. lol

I seen it to side side eye roll.... Tongue What's the first rule about Fight Club?
So the moderation log shows nothing, and I never saw it.

*plays creepy music*