Deleting threads?
I want to know if I can delete a thread I made if nobody else has posted so please don't respond and I'll just try to delete this one.
Banana
(11-19-2018, 09:34 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: I want to know if I can delete a thread I made if nobody else has posted so please don't respond and I'll just try to delete this one.

So it turns out there's a delete thread option for me, but after I check delete thread and push the "delete now" button I'm brought to that not authorized page I saw the other night which looks like this:

Banana
The user settings I set up a while back allow someone to delete their own topic in certain areas of the forum. Not all of them allow it.

== Update ==

I decided to check and see what the permissions were for the various areas of the forum and discovered a lot of permissions are screwed up.
I wanted to announce an update regarding the ability to delete threads. With the way MyBB handles topic permissions now, I believe it gives the original topic creator the ability to delete an entire topic even if others have commented as well. Previously, it was only allowed if the topic was empty. Because of this, only I will be able to remove topics going forward.
(11-25-2018, 05:13 PM)Willenator Wrote: I wanted to announce an update regarding the ability to delete threads. With the way MyBB handles topic permissions now, I believe it gives the original topic creator the ability to delete an entire topic even if others have commented as well. Previously, it was only allowed if the topic was empty. Because of this, only I will be able to remove topics going forward.

It should be pointed out that even though you cannot delete a thread you made you can still edit both the title and text so if you have a bit too much to drink and start spewing trade secrets, hate speech and love letters you'll still be able to fix it if you come to your senses in time. If you wait too long and somebody quotes your original text in their post (or on the national news or something) the jig is up.
Banana
That's a good point.