Potlucks?
I remember going through some old threads, and I came across lots of conversation of potlucks, and get togethers. They looked like tons of fun, are we still doing them, and if not, what happened to them and can we do them again?
I miss classic, original  funnel cakes.
(11-21-2018, 11:20 PM)Lagoon Lover Wrote: I remember going through some old threads, and I came across lots of conversation of potlucks, and get togethers. They looked like tons of fun, are we still doing them, and if not, what happened to them and can we do them again?

The reason why they went away was because The Terraces cost money to rent out now. 
There was talk about doing something twice a year but we'll see if it plays out.
(11-21-2018, 11:40 PM)CPrider Wrote: The reason why they went away was because The Terraces cost money to rent out now. 
There was talk about doing something twice a year but we'll see if it plays out.

That would be cool! I do only make it down to Lagoon like 4 times a year. But if we could have a meetup/potluck that would be sweet! I’d defiantly be happy to chip in to reserve a terrace!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(11-23-2018, 12:18 PM)LSFMAN Wrote: That would be cool! I do only make it down to Lagoon like 4 times a year. But if we could have a meetup/potluck that would be sweet! I’d defiantly be happy to chip in to reserve a terrace!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The thing that we do the most is we do meet up but we all end up just going over to like Station Park and getting food.
A lot of people just end up paying for themselves
(11-23-2018, 01:16 PM)CPrider Wrote: The thing that we do the most is we do meet up but we all end up just going over to like Station Park and getting food.
A lot of people just end up paying for themselves

Plus, there would have to be dates that everyone who wants to go can agree on, and finding one specific day that all of us have off is difficult.
We can still do meetups even though we don't do potlucks. I wouldn't be against picking a few dates during a season to meet up with others who use the site. I know a handful of us just announce when we are heading to the park to give others a chance to show up as well.
(11-26-2018, 12:43 AM)Willenator Wrote: We can still do meetups even though we don't do potlucks. I wouldn't be against picking a few dates during a season to meet up with others who use the site. I know a handful of us just announce when we are heading to the park to give others a chance to show up as well.

That would be great, as I am sure some of us will be going on the same day in the summer.

I was not saying they had to be potlucks, that was just the first thing that came to mind.