Carnival Cruiseline 2020
Carnival Cruise Lines is debuting a Maurer Spike Dragster model coaster on their new ship that debuts in 2020.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/cr...298401002/
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
OMG

Watching the 1st girl she seemed to not really care... Actually looking a little board and then realizing that "Oh yea! I am supposed to be liking this"

BTW - Is this really a "Coaster" cause it looks like to me there is a motor on the ride vehicles that moving it along.
I understand that it couldn't be a "true" coaster on a boat with all of that rocking and stuff
This wouldn't encourage me to go on this cruse at all, but I give them an A for effort.
(12-13-2018, 12:22 PM)DeLorean Wrote: OMG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oERDZdb14fY
Watching the 1st girl she seemed to not really care... Actually looking a little board and then realizing that "Oh yea! I am supposed to be liking this"

BTW - Is this really a "Coaster" cause it looks like to me there is a motor on the ride vehicles that moving it along.
I understand that it couldn't be a "true" coaster on a boat with all of that rocking and stuff
This wouldn't encourage me to go on this cruse at all, but I give them an A for effort.

Its consider a coaster. Its a Maurer Spike Coaster model. A Prototype was built in 2015. It is a powered coaster. I think this is a good application for the coaster system.

(12-13-2018, 09:22 AM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: Carnival Cruise Lines is debuting a Maurer Spike Dragster model coaster on their new ship that debuts in 2020.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/cr...298401002/
While it looks really cool, I think that if they could somehow get a Gerstlauer Euro-Fighter/Infinity Coaster, it would end up being much more popular.
(12-13-2018, 04:52 PM)DaSpanishPotato Wrote: While it looks really cool, I think that if they could somehow get a Gerstlauer Euro-Fighter/Infinity Coaster, it would end up being much more popular.

I don't think so. With a moving ship, I don't see a traditional coaster working on a ship.

(12-13-2018, 04:52 PM)DaSpanishPotato Wrote: While it looks really cool, I think that if they could somehow get a Gerstlauer Euro-Fighter/Infinity Coaster, it would end up being much more popular.
Have you ever personally experienced a Gerstlauer Product, Euro-Fighter, or Testicle Puncher....I mean Infinity Coaster?

Z could get into it more, but a Gerstlauer Euro-Fighter or Testicle Puncher...I mean Infinity Coaster would weigh too much and the dynamic forces on a ship would be insane. I don't even know how one would design a stabilizer system on a ship to combat forces from such a coaster on board. Current stabilizer systems are made to combat external forces.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(12-13-2018, 07:07 PM)linearinduction Wrote: I mean Infinity Coaster would weigh too much and the dynamic forces on a ship would be insane. I don't even know how one would design a stabilizer system on a ship to combat forces from such a coaster on board. Current stabilizer systems are made to combat external forces.

I said somehow for a reason.
(12-13-2018, 02:02 PM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: Its consider a coaster. Its a Maurer Spike Coaster model. A Prototype was built in 2015. It is a powered coaster. I think this is a good application for the coaster system.

I am sure that there is going to be many that will and probably does disagree with this being a coaster.

Still looks really boring to me! Even on a big cruise ship.
(12-13-2018, 08:08 PM)DaSpanishPotato Wrote: I said somehow for a reason.
"Somehow," without context, does not a reason make. I was simply pointing out the logistics and technology required in order to keep modern cruise ships afloat and stable. Trust me when I say that stabilizers are much welcome on ships, as I've experienced an older model roll on roll off and fast craft with stablizers. You might be interested to know that at one point, Disney considered building a mini theme park on an oil tanker/cargo ship and docking it in ports around the world. I can't seem to remember where I read about it, but there were models and concept art.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
A roller coaster on a cruise ship. Somehow I find this mildly amusing and love the idea at the same time.