Carnival Cruiseline 2020
(12-14-2018, 02:19 AM)Willenator Wrote: A roller coaster on a cruise ship. Somehow I find this mildly amusing and love the idea at the same time.

I'm envisioning giant waves rocking the ship, making the roller coaster so intense! lol
(12-14-2018, 10:10 AM)gregwibert Wrote: I'm envisioning giant waves rocking the ship, making the roller coaster so intense! lol
I'm thinking there will be additional stablizers or something internal to negate the dynamic forces.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(12-14-2018, 11:44 AM)linearinduction Wrote: I'm thinking there will be additional stablizers or something internal to negate the dynamic forces.

That would make sense. I'm really interested to see the engineering behind this venture. It'll be interesting Smile
(12-15-2018, 11:48 AM)gregwibert Wrote: That would make sense. I'm really interested to see the engineering behind this venture. It'll be interesting Smile
I mean, I don't know how it would work on a ship, but perhaps internally there will be something like is installed on top of the Citi Bank Building in NYC.

DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
(12-15-2018, 01:14 PM)linearinduction Wrote: I mean, I don't know how it would work on a ship, but perhaps internally there will be something like is installed on top of the Citi Bank Building in NYC.

After watching the video of what is getting installed, I don't think they will require a lot of additional stabilization. The bigger the ship, the less impacted it will be by dynamic forces from the ship's interior. The dynamic forces on an aircraft carrier during catapult launch and arrested landing are far greater than this coaster will impose and some of these cruise ships are much larger than an aircraft carrier (if you can believe that!). I am sure that they will limit operations to certain weather conditions, size of swells, boat position in relation to swells, and cruise speed. When the boat is moving, it is more stable.

-Z
(12-17-2018, 11:30 AM)Z Wrote: After watching the video of what is getting installed, I don't think they will require a lot of additional stabilization. The bigger the ship, the less impacted it will be by dynamic forces from the ship's interior. The dynamic forces on an aircraft carrier during catapult launch and arrested landing are far greater than this coaster will impose and some of these cruise ships are much larger than an aircraft carrier (if you can believe that!). I am sure that they will limit operations to certain weather conditions, size of swells, boat position in relation to swells, and cruise speed. When the boat is moving, it is more stable.

-Z
Thank you, as always, for explaining things and sharing your knowledge!

(12-17-2018, 02:59 PM)linearinduction Wrote: Thank you, as always, for explaining things and sharing your knowledge!

Win