Job Advice
Well, the time has finally come that I will probably be working at lagoon at some point this year. I am going to be moving down with my aunt for a while. I might try a regular job in the summer, which is probably what is going to happen, but I am leaning towards being a scare actor during Frightmares. Either way, I wouldn't mind some tips from some people who have worked there before. 

After this year I can now say I have worked someplace amusement park wise other than the county fair.  Tongue
I miss classic, original  funnel cakes.
Enjoy the crap out of it. Seriously, working at Lagoon is one of the most rewarding jobs you'll ever get to experience in life; if you can appreciate that while you're there, you'll get so much more out of it. Be prepared for some seriously long days at times, and if you're not used to working outdoors in the sun for long periods of time, it'll be grueling at times as well. But it's so worth it to get to be out in the summer air making people happy.

Seriously, don't forget to be happy. See so many seasonal employees down there lately that act like they've been forced to work there. It's not a job to go and hate; don't do it if you aren't planning to have fun. Work hard, show initiative, make guests smile; you'll get noticed, you'll get rewarded.
(01-01-2019, 02:36 PM)DragonTamer Wrote: Enjoy the crap out of it.  Seriously, working at Lagoon is one of the most rewarding jobs you'll ever get to experience in life; if you can appreciate that while you're there, you'll get so much more out of it.  Be prepared for some seriously long days at times, and if you're not used to working outdoors in the sun for long periods of time, it'll be grueling at times as well.  But it's so worth it to get to be out in the summer air making people happy.

Seriously, don't forget to be happy.  See so many seasonal employees down there lately that act like they've been forced to work there.  It's not a job to go and hate; don't do it if you aren't planning to have fun.  Work hard, show initiative, make guests smile; you'll get noticed, you'll get rewarded.

Dragon Tamer hit the nail on the head. I had a blast working at Lagoon and it was one of the best jobs ive ever had. I even met my wife there! Enjoy it. It Will have hard long days but its all worth it.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
Keep your nose clean that's all I'm going to say. Tongue stay away from the work and travel parties. Lol
Tuck, Roll, and Aim for the grass!