El Loco
So finally got to ride El Loco at circus circus in Las Vegas. 
And it was awesome, I would love to see a ride just like it at Lagoon, but I doubt it will happen.
(01-04-2019, 07:18 PM)DeLorean Wrote: So finally got to ride El Loco at circus circus in Las Vegas. 
And it was awesome, I would love to see a ride just like it at Lagoon, but I doubt it will happen.

I enjoyed it too. The speed over the first drop and the outerbanked turn were my favorite parts of the ride. The lapbars were comfortable, they closely resembled MACK rides lap bars.

I dont see Lagoon ever getting one. The big thing about El Locos is their beyond vertical drop and compact size. Lagoon has compact fast coasters and has Cannibal with the third steepest drop in the world.

Now I'd love to see an S&S launch coaster like Maxx Force come to Lagoon.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
(01-04-2019, 07:18 PM)DeLorean Wrote: So finally got to ride El Loco at circus circus in Las Vegas. 
I guess there were no worn wheels or worn parts of the suspension then. While I thoroughly enjoyed El Loco several years ago, there was only one good vehicle out of the 3 operating.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
You called?

Edit: Oh, you're talking about a ride.  Sorry.  Next time I'll read the entire post before responding to just the thread title.
(01-05-2019, 02:57 PM)Gregory Wrote: You called?

Edit: Oh, you're talking about a ride.  Sorry.  Next time I'll read the entire post before responding to just the thread title.

DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Update on this ride... A lady feel off this ride
https://www.reviewjournal.com/local/the-...p-1626858/
(03-28-2019, 02:11 AM)DeLorean Wrote: Update on this ride... A lady feel off this ride

Yeah I read about this. Hopefully she is ok. It will be interesting to find out the cause.

(03-28-2019, 02:11 AM)DeLorean Wrote: Update on this ride... A lady feel off this ride
Fell off where though? Wouldn't expect anything more from a Sheldon Adelson owned paper.

She could have fallen off the platform for all we know.

(03-28-2019, 09:55 AM)linearinduction Wrote: Fell off where though? Wouldn't expect anything more from a Sheldon Adelson owned paper.

She could have fallen off the platform for all we know.

Yeah exactly. We will just have to see if any more info becomes available.

Here's some hearsay about what happened. Take it with a grain of salt.

https://www.reddit.com/r/rollercoasters/...r/ejjyudc/

Quote:My daughters were in the car waiting to go behind the lady that fell. They said she was a parapalegic and they had to carry her to put her in the car. How she met the height requirement without being able to stand up is beyond me. In any case, they said she fell out on the very first turn and all they saw was the lady bleeding a lot and the people riding with her screaming to stop the ride. I would say whoever was in charge of the ride that day should have never allowed the lady to ride in the first place and the lady should have known better than to try to ride a coaster. I had gone on the coaster earlier and it puts a lot of pressure on your legs just to stay in the car. Without being able to lock your hips in a sitting position, the belt and bar do nothing to keep you in the car. This wasn't a problem with the coaster, it was a problem due to the people working allowing someone to ride that should have never been on the coaster in the first place.