Lagoon 2019 Schedule!
(01-07-2019, 11:18 PM)DragonTamer Wrote: Right!?  Same goes for shopping... I really miss us heathens having Sundays to ourselves around here; somebody needs to have a revelation again.
Those only happen when it's politically/socially/financially convenient....or when Grandpa goes off his meds.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
The 2019 schedule is up!

http://www.lagoonpark.com/park-info/schedule-hours/

Opening Day is March 30th!
(01-07-2019, 11:49 PM)linearinduction Wrote: Those only happen when it's politically/socially/financially convenient....or when Grandpa goes off his meds.

Win
Why is it that Lagoon closes so early on Saturdays and Sundays during March and April? I was hoping the place would be open until 9pm on Saturday and at least 8pm on Sunday. I would have bought my season tickets if I could go make an evening out of it. I guess were are semi lucky it opens this early in the season.
(03-24-2019, 07:56 AM)N827TM Wrote: Why is it that Lagoon closes so early on Saturdays and Sundays during March and April?  I was hoping the place would be open until 9pm on Saturday and at least 8pm on Sunday.  I would have bought my season tickets if I could go make an evening out of it.  I guess were are semi lucky it opens this early in the season.

I would think that it had to do with labor laws... It's really strict until like June. I guess if lagoon could pay more adults to work they could be open later
(03-24-2019, 07:56 AM)N827TM Wrote: Why is it that Lagoon closes so early on Saturdays and Sundays during March and April?  I was hoping the place would be open until 9pm on Saturday and at least 8pm on Sunday.  I would have bought my season tickets if I could go make an evening out of it.  I guess were are semi lucky it opens this early in the season.

Yup cause they used to open on Decoration Day each May and close each Labor day. Were extremely lucky nowadays.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
(03-24-2019, 09:26 AM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: Yup cause they used to open on Decoration Day each May and close each Labor day. Were extremely lucky nowadays.
We are even more lucky that Lagoon has the hours it does. There are many Six Flags parks that never stay open past 10pm on Saturdays, and normally close at 8pm or 9pm in the middle of the summer.

(03-24-2019, 08:56 AM)DeLorean Wrote: I would think that it had to do with labor laws... It's really strict until like June. I guess if lagoon could pay more adults to work they could be open later
Staffing may be one of the reasons and I would think weather/temperatures as well.

DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
What rides are traditionally closed on opening day?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
The only things that where closed last year was Roller Coaster and possibly Rattle Snake Rapids (We didn't get back there to check it out last year). Of course LAB doesn't open until Memorial Day I think
(03-24-2019, 09:26 AM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: Yup cause they used to open on Decoration Day each May and close each Labor day. Were extremely lucky nowadays.

I learned something new today. I thought you had messed up there until I googled Decoration Day. Yay learning!