Old Lagoon
With the new year approaching, I have been thinking. There are lots of aspects of old lagoon that I miss. (For me, old lagoon is around 2004 to about 2014, for all you people I know it is longer.) I have already talked about I miss parts of the old Draculas castle, and some pavilions, food places, games and areas of the park I also miss. I really love how the park is getting better, but I do miss when I went for the first time and it was Utah's little old theme park. (I know, 2004 is not that long ago compared to some of you others). 

If you could choose one day in the past to spend at lagoon, what year would it be and why?
I miss classic, original  funnel cakes.
(02-18-2019, 12:54 PM)Lagoon Lover Wrote: With the new year approaching, I have been thinking. There are lots of aspects of old lagoon that I miss. (For me, old lagoon is around 2004 to about 2014, for all you people I know it is longer.) I have already talked about I miss parts of the old Draculas castle, and some pavilions, food places, games and areas of the park I also miss. I really love how the park is getting better, but I do miss when I went for the first time and it was Utah's little old theme park. (I know, 2004 is not that long ago compared to some of you others). 

If you could choose one day in the past to spend at lagoon, what year would it be and why?
The last day before speedway was removed.
(02-18-2019, 12:54 PM)Lagoon Lover Wrote: With the new year approaching, I have been thinking. There are lots of aspects of old lagoon that I miss. (For me, old lagoon is around 2004 to about 2014, for all you people I know it is longer.) I have already talked about I miss parts of the old Draculas castle, and some pavilions, food places, games and areas of the park I also miss. I really love how the park is getting better, but I do miss when I went for the first time and it was Utah's little old theme park. (I know, 2004 is not that long ago compared to some of you others). 

2004 old? Lol I was an area lead that year. Id say id love to go back to 1887 to 1921.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
1983 for Original Dracula's Castle, PVRR, Fun House, Wilder Wild Mouse, Speedway, Buzz bars on Roller Coaster, Remote Boats, Dime Toss, Fascination, Skee-ball, prize center and more.
Banana
For me, it would have to be 1986.  That, to me, was the peak of classic Lagoon nostalgia, and the heyday of Pioneer Village:
  • Fire Dragon and Flying Carpet were both recent additions to the park,
  • The Rockets still existed (now replaced by TotC; I'm trying to remember if The Rockets operated in 1986; may have to defer to Braden for the historical fact check on that one... I know TotC replaced it in '87, but can't remember for sure if Rockets was still running in '86),
  • Water Skeeters was still a thing,
  • Pioneer Village Railroad was still in operation (along with the classic Rio Grande wooden rolling stock out behind the station),
  • The Lagoon Miniature Railroad was still running in PV,
  • The Stagecoach was still running,
  • Pioneer Village still featured the Wild West Shootouts
I miss the Wild West Shootout, the shows in the old Music USA theater, Roll-O-Plane, the Lagoon Band, Magic Carpet, and paddle boats.

I also miss the midnight closing times. As a kid, staying out until that late an hour was magical, with the sweaty hours in the dark lit only by the warm glow of Lagoon's ride lights.

-Z
(02-18-2019, 02:14 PM)Z Wrote: I miss the Wild West Shootout, the shows in the old Music USA theater, Roll-O-Plane, the Lagoon Band, Magic Carpet, and paddle boats.

I also miss the midnight closing times. As a kid, staying out until that late an hour was magical, with the sweaty hours in the dark lit only by the warm glow of Lagoon's ride lights.

-Z

There was something supremely magical about being out in the late summer nights beneath the glow of all the midway & ride lights as a kid.  It's one of my favorite memories of the park.  Also, +1 for the Lagoon Marching Band.  Used to love seeing & hearing them marching around the park.  It always brightened my day when they'd stop by & play a tune or two near/at a ride I was working.
I know this is kinda a controversial opinion, but I genuinely prefer the new Lagoon. It seems as if the Freed family has realized that they had a massive hole in their lineup: They were missing large scale thrill rides. Don't get me wrong, they did still have thrill rides, but they now seem to be adding more and more thrill rides.
I miss many of the things already mentioned but for me it's the fun house. I have so many memories of it from when I was younger.
(02-18-2019, 03:42 PM)crooks.mark Wrote: I miss many of the things already mentioned but for me it's the fun house. I have so many memories of it from when I was younger.

I will 2nd that, but I understand why it's no longer there
I really do miss magic carpet. There was a long time that I hadn't been to lagoon and was surprised about cannibal and now I am hooked about the park again. 

Also I barley remember the shoot outs back in PV and think it would be fun to see those done again from time to time. 

Also I am actually surprised that my wife didn't demand a old western picture of the family last season but I am sure that I will get one this year