Old Lagoon
(02-18-2019, 02:17 PM)DragonTamer Wrote: There was something supremely magical about being out in the late summer nights beneath the glow of all the midway & ride lights as a kid.  It's one of my favorite memories of the park.  Also, +1 for the Lagoon Marching Band.  Used to love seeing & hearing them marching around the park.  It always brightened my day when they'd stop by & play a tune or two near/at a ride I was working.

Oh man, the Lagoon Band. My brother was in that thing for a while and ended up being the drum major or whatever they call it.  He thought he was such a badass. Remember they did a little spin-off band called the L.A.-Goon Band?
(02-18-2019, 02:14 PM)Z Wrote: I miss the Wild West Shootout, the shows in the old Music USA theater, Roll-O-Plane, the Lagoon Band, Magic Carpet, and paddle boats.

I also miss the midnight closing times. As a kid, staying out until that late an hour was magical, with the sweaty hours in the dark lit only by the warm glow of Lagoon's ride lights.

-Z

(02-18-2019, 02:17 PM)DragonTamer Wrote: There was something supremely magical about being out in the late summer nights beneath the glow of all the midway & ride lights as a kid.  It's one of my favorite memories of the park.  Also, +1 for the Lagoon Marching Band.  Used to love seeing & hearing them marching around the park.  It always brightened my day when they'd stop by & play a tune or two near/at a ride I was working.

I agree... the incandescent warm glow was still better than the stuff we have now. Smile