Website Updates - March 2019
Not sure if this is related to the updates you made earlier this month or if it's because of a thread split-run-amok, or maybe both, Will, but noticed one weird thing lately: when I've read all of the new posts (via the sidebar) and go back to the main page, it still shows the 'Rides' forum has unread posts in it until I click into the 'Rides' forum thread list and then go back out again. Some bit is getting stuck somewhere & not clearing right, it feels like.

Just thought I'd mention it.
(03-17-2019, 04:05 PM)DragonTamer Wrote: Not sure if this is related to the updates you made earlier this month or if it's because of a thread split-run-amok, or maybe both, Will, but noticed one weird thing lately: when I've read all of the new posts (via the sidebar) and go back to the main page, it still shows the 'Rides' forum has unread posts in it until I click into the 'Rides' forum thread list and then go back out again. Some bit is getting stuck somewhere & not clearing right, it feels like.

Just thought I'd mention it.

That has been happening to me as well.
I've reset some settings and tweaked it a bit. See if that changes anything. It is duplicating one of the posts after the third or fourth update. I think that will clear up after a bit. We shall see.

I may have screwed it up worse too. Both are possible options. Happy
Well, it changed... not sure if it's for the better: the 'Latest Post' links take you to the top of the thread now instead of the latest post in the thread. Ahh, the joys of running web apps...
Ha, and now the entire 'Latest Posts' sidebar is just the same post from 'The Great Taco Debate', all the way down. Gotta love it!
(03-17-2019, 10:16 PM)DragonTamer Wrote: Ha, and now the entire 'Latest Posts' sidebar is just the same post from 'The Great Taco Debate', all the way down.  Gotta love it!

*There is no escape from the awesomeness of Tacos!

[Image: attachment.php?aid=894]

*Unfortunately this doesn't apply in Japan where there's plenty of 'tako' (octopus tentacles) but very little in the way of tacos.
Twirling Ribbons 
I mean, I've always considered myself more of a gordita or huarache guy, but you can't deny the awesomeness of tacos.
I'm going to disable it for now and see if I can dig into the coding a bit more to figure out what is causing the issues. I still have the links on the top of the forum for new content and today's new posts to use in place of the sidebar. I was hoping the plugin author had released an update, but the last time it was updated was around two years ago. I'm guessing something did change in the latest update that broke functionality and me messing around didn't help much either.
Nothin' like rolling up on a plugin you need and seeing that it was last updated years ago. Sorry, man... that stinks. What's the plugin written in; guessing PHP? Got a link to the project website?
It's working now!