LIF Needs Your Help
(03-25-2019, 12:31 AM)DeLorean Wrote: OH I have a server running on dual xeon and like 20tb of storage and climbing

You win on storage! Though the Dell R210ii I'm running my firewall on has 500GB of storage because that's obviously necessary. Guess I could log absolutely everything. Laugh
(03-25-2019, 08:04 AM)JordanM Wrote: You win on storage! Though the Dell R210ii I'm running my firewall on has 500GB of storage because that's obviously necessary. Guess I could log absolutely everything. Laugh

Don't jinx yourself.  We upgraded PostgreSQL on a server recently (one of several servers and we were upgrading), and a couple of log file settings got overlooked.  Instead of logging every day of the week (Mon-Sun) where it would rotate, it was logging daily.  With full log statements turned on.  For two months.  Running a PostgreSQL cluster into the ground is fun.
(03-25-2019, 10:37 PM)DragonTamer Wrote: Don't jinx yourself.  We upgraded PostgreSQL on a server recently (one of several servers and we were upgrading), and a couple of log file settings got overlooked.  Instead of logging every day of the week (Mon-Sun) where it would rotate, it was logging daily.  With full log statements turned on.  For two months.  Running a PostgreSQL cluster into the ground is fun.

I have broken more than my share of tools by forgetting to correctly setup logrotate. Turns out people aren't happy when authentication backends go down...