Getting to know everyone at LIF
(04-05-2019, 12:58 PM)Spy Hunter Wrote: I'm Shane i am in salt lake, I'm the skinnier guy then cprider.  Also Braden is from Ammon.

False
(04-06-2019, 10:52 AM)Brăden Wrote: False

Which part of that is false?
(04-06-2019, 12:34 AM)Willenator Wrote: I would agree that people don't know each other as much as they used to. Mostly because those of us that have been using the site for multiple years already know each other from previous meetups and stuff, so I think it doesn't hurt to do some introductions again for those who are interested. By the way, it is okay for any user to start a meetup topic announcing when you plan to head to Lagoon to try and hook up with other LIF users.

My name is William (Will), and I'm the guy who runs the place. Ok, maybe it would be more accurately worded that I'm the one that pays for this place and attempts to keep all the lagoonatics under control. Happy

I worked at Lagoon starting in 1997 thru 2000. I then returned to the park at the end of 2002 and worked thru 2003 before I moved to Idaho. It was around the end of 2003 that a friend of mine started a Yahoo Group called Lagoon Is Fun and asked me if I would like to help moderate it. Around February of 2004, I decided it might be fun to create a website to go along with the Yahoo group. Use the website for Lagoon information because at the time, Lagoon's website offered very little in terms of info, and I thought people might enjoy reading about the stuff I learned while working at the park. Later that year, I decided it might be fun to set up a web forum to bring the discussion and information together in one place. Thus the Lagoon Is Fun that you know (with some changes) was born.

Fun fact: I just realized this website is older than some of the users! Shocked

I'm Lagoon's biggest fan (that uses this website), and I do mean that literally. Wink I'm a fairly large guy, so I don't really get to ride much of the rides. I've never been on many of the rides that have been installed in the park since 2004, but that doesn't stop me from enjoying the park. I just enjoy being there. I've always loved the atmosphere of amusement parks. I did move back to Utah around 8 years ago, and I seem to slowly move closer and closer to Lagoon each time. I actually live six minutes away from the park now, so that is a big bonus from some of the drives I used to do when I lived in Idaho Falls.

This is just a thought... maybe we should start a biggest looser with all of the members on the forum... I think that we could even get lagoon involved..Say putting a scale in the main office and when you come to lagoon you weigh yourself every time you come in and if lagoon will allow us to keep a chart on a clip board and by the end of the season we have a prize or a next years season pass for the person that lost the most weight... and just thinking about it... maybe if everyone put in like $2 to join the contest the person at the end will get the jackpot or something for winning.
(04-06-2019, 11:04 AM)DeLorean Wrote: This is just a thought... maybe we should start a biggest looser with all of the members on the forum... I think that we could even get lagoon involved..Say putting a scale in the main office and when you come to lagoon you weigh yourself every time you come in and if lagoon will allow us to keep a chart on a clip board and by the end of the season we have a prize or a next years season pass for the person that lost the most weight... and just thinking about it... maybe if everyone put in like $2 to join the contest the person at the end will get the jackpot or something for winning.

Woah. Interesting idea, although I haven't lost or gained any weight for a while. Last time I gained two pounds was for two days and that was a year ago.(very fast metabolism lol.) 

Hey, there are benefits to being skinny as stick. I can slither through crowds at amusement parks without anyone noticing  Tongue
I miss classic, original  funnel cakes.
(04-06-2019, 11:22 AM)Lagoon Lover Wrote: Woah. Interesting idea, although I haven't lost or gained any weight for a while. Last time I gained two pounds was for two days and that was a year ago.(very fast metabolism lol.) 

Hey, there are benefits to being skinny as stick. I can slither through crowds at amusement parks without anyone noticing  Tongue

Some of us are not that lucky as we have gotten older!

It is my goal to loose upto 50Lbs by the time we go to Disney world in August of next year.

Need to be lean enough to ride those harry potter rides LOL

When we went to the one in California about 2 years ago I barley fit... this time I don't want to be "Barley" to fit... I want to be comfortable.
(04-05-2019, 11:51 AM)LSFMAN Wrote: Anyways, if you guys would introduce yourselves, I would love that! I'm excited to get to know all of you better, and hopefully we can have a LIF meetup day sometime this summer!

It's still nice to introduce ourselves, especially so newer folks can know who we are.  Plus, (as someone who just joined a couple of years ago myself) I also feel that I sometimes don't know the "old guard" members as well as they know each other.

Hello, my name is Gregory, and I'm a Lagoonaholic.  I live in northern Utah County, originally hailing from Sacramento, California (so yes, I'm one of those crazy California people!).  Hopefully, as Will said, people will announce here whenever they're planning to go to Lagoon, and maybe we can see about getting a face-to-face meetup going.  (Another little fact, Will, though I'm not sure I'd consider this one "fun" or not: I realized I'm so old that I have nieces and nephews older than some people here.  *Sigh*)
(04-07-2019, 04:00 PM)Gregory Wrote: Another little fact, Will, though I'm not sure I'd consider this one "fun" or not: I realized I'm so old that I have nieces and nephews older than some people here.  *Sigh*

Yeah. My oldest niece is 18. lol
I need no Introduction, as my reputation proceeds me.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(04-07-2019, 07:36 PM)linearinduction Wrote: I need no Introduction, as my reputation proceeds me.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

No!
Tuck, Roll, and Aim for the grass!
(04-07-2019, 07:36 PM)linearinduction Wrote: I need no Introduction, as my reputation proceeds me.

Thank goodness it doesn't precede you, so you've still got a chance to sneak up on unassuming victims! Tongue 

BTW, I'm Josh.  Been around here for awhile (was actually here once long ago & somehow lost my login back in ancient times, so created this new account several years back when I started getting back to Lagoon more often.  Former Lagoon employee in a couple of different departments (way last century), currently will develop web apps for food.  As the logo shows, also a rampant fan of the Utah Royals FC NWSL team.  Pass Lagoon every day a couple of times, and have been known to sneak in after work once in awhile for a quick visit, although these days usually if I'm on the park, most of the time is in Kiddieland with the niblings.  Howdy!