LIF Changes
The domain switch is now live! Going forward, you will now access the Lagoon Is Fun Forum by heading to lagoonfans.com. I've made sure to set up a domain forward to help out until everyone gets a chance to switch over typing the new domain name or updating your bookmarks.

I've been testing different parts of the forum for the last 30 minutes to see if I've missed anything, and it all looks to be working so far. Tapatalk looks to be working as well on my end.

If you encounter any issues, please let me know via here, Facebook, or Twitter.
Can I just say that I almost freaked out that I had screwed something up because almost no one posted on the forum after the move for 2 days! lol.

Now that I'm running the forum off of the new domain, I'm going to start working on switching over the "Lagoon Is Fun" wording in various places to "Lagoon Fans." Once again, this is a gradual process to help make sure no one gets lost in all the changes. The Lagoon Is Fun at the top of the site will most likely be the last thing I change.

FYI: The address for the wiki is still http://wiki.lagoonisfun.com, which leads me to my next announcement about all these changes: the wiki will be fully taking over the lagoonisfun.com domain once I feel I don't need to forward the forum traffic anymore. So, Lagoon Is Fun will continue on its role of being to be an unofficial information site while Lagoon Fans takes over as the home for ... well ... Lagoon Fans! Happy
Ya forgot about the LIF Youtube Channel lol

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUUlMwh...xMnq5gaE8g
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
(05-28-2019, 10:22 PM)Willenator Wrote: Can I just say that I almost freaked out that I had screwed something up because almost no one posted on the forum after the move for 2 days! lol.

Now that I'm running the forum off of the new domain, I'm going to start working on switching over the "Lagoon Is Fun" wording in various places to "Lagoon Fans." Once again, this is a gradual process to help make sure no one gets lost in all the changes. The Lagoon Is Fun at the top of the site will most likely be the last thing I change.

FYI: The address for the wiki is still http://wiki.lagoonisfun.com, which leads me to my next announcement about all these changes: the wiki will be fully taking over the lagoonisfun.com domain once I feel I don't need to forward the forum traffic anymore. So, Lagoon Is Fun will continue on its role of being to be an unofficial information site while Lagoon Fans takes over as the home for ... well ... Lagoon Fans! Happy

Sweeet!

Are you doing a 301 redirect in .htaccess for the entire domain (lif>lf) so that you keep whatever search engine karma that's been built up over the years?
Banana
Will, I also updated the link to the site in the "External Links" section of Lagoon's Wikipedia page as well.
(06-18-2019, 04:13 PM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: Ya forgot about the LIF Youtube Channel lol

I forgot I even had a YouTube channel. Happy

(06-18-2019, 05:38 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: Are you doing a 301 redirect in .htaccess for the entire domain (lif>lf) so that you keep whatever search engine karma that's been built up over the years?

I am not. I didn't even think of something like that, so that is a great suggestion! Thank you!

(06-18-2019, 07:49 PM)Gregory Wrote: Will, I also updated the link to the site in the "External Links" section of Lagoon's Wikipedia page as well.

Awesome. Thank you!
I've updated so-wicked.com to redirect directly to lagoonfans.com (rather than to lagoonisfun.com) as well.
I think maybe the lagoonisfun.com domain is pointed at the domain registrar's nameservers instead of the hosting company's nameservers. Maybe it's just still propagating from a recent change, but I see a cookie-cutter placeholder/ad page at lagoonisfun.com now.

Edit*
Another possibility is that it is pointing at the hosting company and there is nothing at the hosting company and the 301 redirect isn't configured correctly.
Banana
(06-20-2019, 09:37 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: I think maybe the lagoonisfun.com domain is pointed at the domain registrar's nameservers instead of the hosting company's nameservers. Maybe it's just still propagating from a recent change, but I see a cookie-cutter placeholder/ad page at lagoonisfun.com now.

Edit*
Another possibility is that it is pointing at the hosting company and there is nothing at the hosting company and the 301 redirect isn't configured correctly.

Nameservers for reference. Both have an A record for 74.208.236.168 which is in 1&1's address space, so I would guess it's an issue with the redirect configuration as well.

Code:
$ dig lagoonisfun.com NS @8.8.8.8

; <<>> DiG 9.10.6 <<>> lagoonisfun.com NS @8.8.8.8
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 45446
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 4, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 1

;; OPT PSEUDOSECTION:
; EDNS: version: 0, flags:; udp: 512
;; QUESTION SECTION:
;lagoonisfun.com. IN NS

;; ANSWER SECTION:
lagoonisfun.com. 21599 IN NS ns1017.ui-dns.biz.
lagoonisfun.com. 21599 IN NS ns1017.ui-dns.de.
lagoonisfun.com. 21599 IN NS ns1017.ui-dns.org.
lagoonisfun.com. 21599 IN NS ns1017.ui-dns.com.

;; Query time: 85 msec
;; SERVER: 8.8.8.8#53(8.8.8.8)
;; WHEN: Fri Jun 21 09:22:20 MDT 2019
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 164

Code:
$ dig lagoonfans.com NS @8.8.8.8

; <<>> DiG 9.10.6 <<>> lagoonfans.com NS @8.8.8.8
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 48862
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 4, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 1

;; OPT PSEUDOSECTION:
; EDNS: version: 0, flags:; udp: 512
;; QUESTION SECTION:
;lagoonfans.com. IN NS

;; ANSWER SECTION:
lagoonfans.com. 21599 IN NS ns1017.ui-dns.com.
lagoonfans.com. 21599 IN NS ns1072.ui-dns.biz.
lagoonfans.com. 21599 IN NS ns1110.ui-dns.org.
lagoonfans.com. 21599 IN NS ns1040.ui-dns.de.

;; Query time: 81 msec
;; SERVER: 8.8.8.8#53(8.8.8.8)
;; WHEN: Fri Jun 21 09:22:25 MDT 2019
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 163