Sid Goes to Knott's Boysenberry Festival
I'm excited to be attending my first Knott's Berry Farm Boysenberry Festival and to share it with everyone!

The first day had us using our Knott's Gold/Platinum Passes, All Season Dining Plan, All Season Drink Plan, and All Season Fastlane. The All Season Dining Plan includes 2 Meals (without drinks), 4 hours apart, each visit, and is valid at most park food locations including Panda Express, Coasters Drive In, and Boardwalk BBQ. The All Season Drink Plan gives you the option of choosing a 21oz Refillable Bottle or 16oz Paper Cup, that can be filled at multiple locations, every 30 minutes (we refilled several times more often than that). Obtaining the Fast Lane Wristband was painless at the Entrance Gate, and is totally worth the cost, especially on a fairly busy Easter Sunday.

On Sunday we dined at Panda Express for Lunch, which includes a "Panda Bowl." The Panda Bowls at the Knott's Panda Express was twice as large as you get at an out of park Panda Express. Because Panda is still Family Owned and Managed, the Quality and Service was exceptional. For Dinner, we chose Boardwalk BBQ. The Dining Plan includes your choice of 1/2 Rotisserie Chicken, 1/2 Rack of St. Louis Style Ribs, 1/2lb Tri Tip, 1/2lbChicken Wings, 1/2lb BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich, Berry Salad with Rotisserie Chicken and Boysenberry Vinigarette, and 1/2lb Boysenberry BBQ Chicken Meatball Sandwich and 1/2lb Boysenberry BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich, with your choice of Corn on the Cob, Baked Beans, Roasted Potatoes, Coleslaw, Potato Salad, Mac & Cheese, Boysenberry Cornbread Muffin, or Side Salad. There was also Boysenberry Beer, Boysenberry Cider, Red Wine, and Domestic and Imported Beers for Purchase. I went with the 1/2lb Boysenberry BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich, Coleslaw, Boysenberry Cornbread, and Boysenberry Cider for my meal. The addition of the Cider was only $9 more, so I opted to try it and the whole meal was quite good. While the Boysenberry BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich and Boysenberry Cider were very good, the Coleslaw was the weak spot. Everyone in the group who got the corn liked that, but they thought the Mac & Cheese wasn't very good. I liked the Mac & Cheese I tried, but would probably go with the roasted potatoes next time.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
[Image: 87590efb40718bcc5c43b51d885a785c.jpg][Image: 6086d249a04dc57f7ed33ca6ce10bdb2.jpg][Image: 94380f2a84d409eb6d96a1d6af0b6de0.jpg][Image: 12ba720aad920107580cf49d3986b704.jpg][Image: 2fb1d2c2db7215f7a964a2d2eebf09dc.jpg][Image: 4943e5d1b891fedd8c871b0d0e4d7bc3.jpg][Image: b588544e422d75c6439a139bd54576a2.jpg][Image: c5cf660c88891810e72074bda97a94f8.jpg][Image: c008d7c00aa7243a36da7a95194743c3.jpg]
DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
Thank you for sharing that. Glad you're having a good time.
Our second day had us choosing to eat our first meal at Coasters Drive In, where our All Season Dining Plan included a Cheeseburger, Double Cheeseburger, Chicken Tenders, or Jumbo Hot Dog with Fries, or Caesar Salad. For the Boysenberry Festival, Coasters Drive In offered a special Boysenberry Western BBQ Burger (Included with the Dining Plan) and a Boysenberry Pie Milkshake. I went with the Boysenberry Western BBQ Burger and Fries that was included in the dining plan and added the Boysenberry Pie Shake. The burger came with Boysenberry BBQ Sauce, Onion Rings, and Bacon, which I was not expecting. I figured it would be a cheeseburger with Boysenberry BBQ Sauce on it. My previous experience with the Coasters Drive In (There's a location in nearly every Cedar Fair Park) at Cedar Point in 2001 left a lot to be desired, to say the least. I had heard good things about Coasters at Knott's, and my burger, and all of our burgers, were very good, as were the shoestring fries. The Boysenberry Pie Shake wasn't very impressive, perhaps because I was expecting a thick shake like those found in Utah. The shake I had, wasn't thick, and wasn't as full of Boysenberry Pie like I had expected, but was still nice.

For Dinner, half of our group decided to eat at the Cantina in Fiesta Village, which included Tamales, Tostada Salad, Soft Tacos, or Grande Burritos, Chicken or Beef, with Rice and Beans. The meats were very good grilled chicken breast and steak. My Steak Grande Burrito was definitely Grande and was really good as well.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island