Frisbee ride accident in Ahmedabad, India; 2 fatalities
(07-21-2019, 01:30 AM)DaSpanishPotato Wrote: I understand that Asia is a large market for ride manufacturers, but because of the fact that most of the rides aren't properly maintained, (like the one in the incident) they should be avoided... especially Dizzy Love and Whirling Passion (POV: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=n4xpr5-O0y8 ). That thing has the most sloppily made elements of ANY coaster. Those in-line twists are death.
Guess you glossed over "Western Ride Manufacturers," and Asia IS the Largest Market for Western Ride Manufacturers.

The ride in question was NOT Manufactured by a Western Ride Manufacturer. Inspections can only do so much, as evidenced by the Fireball Incident at the Ohio State Fair.

Again, Chinese Authorities have been taking ride safety very seriously for a while now, and have found many defects in Rides from ALL Manufacturers and have followed up on repairs.

India is still the wild west unfortunately.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
(07-20-2019, 11:33 PM)crooks.mark Wrote: Those poor people that were on that ride. It's horrifying to watch. Imagine how much worse it would have been if it was in it's full ride cycle (and up higher) when that happened. I do not know if Lagoon has plans to install one in the future and how these accidents have affected that.
Lagoon would install a HUSS Giant Frisbee and would maintain it well so an incident could not happen. There has never been a HUSS Ride Failure, as far as I can recall...that Enterprise on Fire was pretty scary though.

DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon ParkĀ 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(07-23-2019, 02:45 AM)linearinduction Wrote: Guess you glossed over "Western Ride Manufacturers," and Asia IS the Largest Market for Western Ride Manufacturers.

The ride in question was NOT Manufactured by a Western Ride Manufacturer. Inspections can only do so much, as evidenced by the Fireball Incident at the Ohio State Fair.

Again, Chinese Authorities have been taking ride safety very seriously for a while now, and have found many defects in Rides from ALL Manufacturers and have followed up on repairs.

India is still the wild west unfortunately.

It was not the point of my post to say that Asia is the largest market for ride manufacturers, the point was that due to improper maintenance and manufacturing, most rides in Asia are not nearly as safe as their counterparts in Europe or North America. Yes, most rides do have defects (Wicked needing all new supports, Cannibal needing another support on the first inversion), but typically there are more flaws in rides built by an Asian manufacturer.
(07-23-2019, 11:27 AM)DaSpanishPotato Wrote: It was not the point of my post to say that Asia is the largest market for ride manufacturers, the point was that due to improper maintenance and manufacturing, most rides in Asia are not nearly as safe as their counterparts in Europe or North America. Yes, most rides do have defects (Wicked needing all new supports, Cannibal needing another support on the first inversion), but typically there are more flaws in rides built by an Asian manufacturer.
Those manufactured outside of China, yes. India seems to be the wild wild west in regards to ride safety now.

Wicked only needed new Weldments on many columns and Cannibal's Inverted Loop was further stabilized.

DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon ParkĀ 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island