Lagoon's First Roller Coaster - A Video
(08-08-2019, 12:32 PM)CPrider Wrote: That was a fun day finding that park with you.
Yes, yes it was!

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(08-08-2019, 12:32 PM)CPrider Wrote: That was a fun day finding that park with you.

(08-08-2019, 01:22 PM)linearinduction Wrote: Yes, yes it was!

Sweet! Did you guys see this plaque at the park? It gives a different spelling than the two spellings I mentioned, still no "L" though.

(08-08-2019, 01:49 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: Sweet! Did you guys see this plaque at the park? It gives a different spelling than the two spellings I mentioned, still no "L" though.
The photos inside the Utah Historical Society are filed under "Waldmeer Park" and the photos clearly state "Waldmeer Park", or at least they did several years ago. I remember messaging Braden about it and finding out he had known about it for a while. Perhaps he could shed light on these discrepancies?

DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(08-08-2019, 02:04 PM)linearinduction Wrote: The photos inside the Utah Historical Society are filed under "Waldmeer Park" and the photos clearly state "Waldmeer Park", or at least they did several years ago. I remember messaging Braden about it and finding out he had known about it for a while. Perhaps he could shed light on these discrepancies?

I don't doubt that the photos are labeled 'Waldmeer', but the park repeatedly advertised itself as 'Wandamere' and never once advertised itself as 'Waldmeer'. Somebody made a mistake when they labeled the photos.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=935]

(08-08-2019, 02:30 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: I don't doubt that the photos are labeled 'Waldmeer', but the park repeatedly advertised itself as 'Wandamere' and never once advertised itself as 'Waldmeer'. Somebody made a mistake when they labeled the photos.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=935]

That's how it was spelled is how Sid is spelling it. It could be a mistake. me and Sid went down there looking for photos of the Saratoga amusement park but couldn't find anything. anyways I like your video a lot you should do a video about the Saratoga amusement park it would be really interested to see a video about that park.
Tuck, Roll, and Aim for the grass!
(08-08-2019, 04:19 PM)CPrider Wrote: That's how it was spelled is how Sid is spelling it. It could be a mistake. me and Sid went down there looking for photos of the Saratoga amusement park but couldn't find anything. anyways I like your video a lot you should do a video about the Saratoga amusement park it would be really interested to see a video about that park.

Thanks! I do eventually want to make videos about several old Utah attractions/parks. Saratoga is one of the hardest to find photos and information on. I went there as a kid in the 80's and it sucked compared to Lagoon. haha
(08-08-2019, 06:31 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: Thanks! I do eventually want to make videos about several old Utah attractions/parks. Saratoga is one of the hardest to find photos and information on. I went there as a kid in the 80's and it sucked compared to Lagoon. 
There's a club house where the park used to be that has photos in Saratoga so next time I'm in the state I'll try to head over there and get photos of the park.  I know that the Pavilion that was in the park is still standing.
I found this
http://zettasaprons.blogspot.com/2013/02...s.html?m=1
Tuck, Roll, and Aim for the grass!