Singularity 245 - NoLimits RoundUp 300 Entry
[Image: 411eb2e12d1f52fd0f082dda5aaa312a.png]

*** DISCLAIMER: This is a work of fiction. This is for No Limits Round Up 300 of which I am entering in Nov 2019. This thread will be updated as the release of my entry becomes closer. Please enjoy! ***
[Image: a2a765f7757b7b989a73bfe9ca7b5196.png]

The Lost History of Saltair -- Coasters Connected -- No Limits Designs
INTERESTING!! Near the formerly vanished ride of Hydro Luge from Lagoon, something was recently spotted that could be Lagoon's next big addition?! What could it be?!

[Image: faa262b3803729c650aa1e555cd32a6d.jpg]

Looks like weeds to me. Tongue
(10-14-2019, 09:24 AM)Willenator Wrote: Looks like weeds to me.
Yeah, those weeds definitely weren't there before!
(10-14-2019, 09:24 AM)Willenator Wrote: Looks like weeds to me. Tongue

(10-14-2019, 09:35 AM)Brăden Wrote: Yeah, those weeds definitely weren't there before!

Lol. Can't fool you guys lol. There were a few that it fooled and I had to let them know it wasn't real, though I wish it was. The ingame weeds do blend pretty nicely though. This project is my largest and most detailed yet. Think of my PV project from 3 years ago but like 10X larger. This is two years in the making.

[Image: 467d588aa9e86637ecd1362b559946cf.png]

Coming Soon!

(10-29-2019, 09:50 PM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: [Image: 467d588aa9e86637ecd1362b559946cf.png]

Coming Soon!
YAY Happy Happy !!!
(10-29-2019, 09:50 PM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: Coming Soon!

Sweet!
Twirling Ribbons 
My entry is in for NL2 Round Up 300. You could call this "Lagoon Fan Fiction" I've taken real events and mixed them around in a fictional story serving as a backstory for my roller coaster design/entry. I'll share sections of it on this thread for the next couple of days leading up until the the judging is complete and I can share the video here. Enjoy!

"Since the days of Simon Bamberger’s there has been a super-secret division of Lagoon that is now not so secret anymore. This super-secret division has been hidden in many different locations at Lagoon over the years but most recently was located under the Hydro Luge attraction on the northern boundary of the park. A recent accident has exposed them, an accident that was caused by not enough caution. The accident happened as they were coming up with Lagoon’s next big thing as that was the division’s purpose. This super-secret division is known as Lagoon Labs.

As was the norm, they were under immense stress, stress caused by tight deadlines involved with coming up with new crazy thrill contraptions for the park. It was one of these tight deadlines, the tightest they had ever had when the accident occurred. The major success of Cannibal, had driven the higher ups of Lagoon to now make a something more immersive, something that would blow the socks off their guests more than Cannibal had but in a time frame much shorter than it would require. The jungle theme of Cannibal was still fresh in their minds and they wanted to stay somewhere in that realm and the outcome of many, many meetings was a theme based in Primordial times."

More to come. Stay Tuned....

Part 2:

"What was thought to be an easy theme to design a ride around but actually it turned out to not be as easy task as they had thought. It caused a great deal of stress at Lagoon Labs, which stress only increased with each ride idea failing to meet expectations of Lagoon management. This brought the scientists and engineers to be working completely exhausted with each passing day. After coming to several dead ends, it was decided that to increase their knowledge of the Primordial Era was to travel to the era and study it. This drastic decision was the path to the fore mentioned accident. Even though others had failed at it they knew they had the tenacity to accomplish such a lofty goal as inventing the technology to permit TIME TRAVEL!  While this sounds insanely crazy, Lagoon Management was beginning to breathe down their necks as they were getting increasingly impatient with no progress on the new ride. This only further caused Lagoon Labs to ignore sound science being so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn’t stop to think if they should.

Immense research was conducted into others actual attempts at time travel along with using books and movies based in time travel to obtain a feel for where they should start. After 6 months and much trial and error, they achieved it or so they thought. The process requires an insane amount of power and in order to order to conduct that much power in one general location they built the largest Tesla Coil ever constructed. The electricity would be discharged all at one point funneling it through a circle shaped object intended to control the tear in time and space, that time travel required. The main problem they ran into is that every known element they used to construct the circle shape couldn’t withstand the amount of electricity and would promptly break down. So the invention of a new element was required. The recipe for this new element has yet to be revealed but it is known that they named it Flux, naming it based on one of their favorite time travel movies. Flux as far as had been determined can withstand anything. The immense electricity from the Tesla coil heats up the Flux to an extremely high temperature and when it reaches an exact unknown temp the electricity/ Flux combination causes a tear in the fabric of time and space. The theory was that this tear will allow them to travel through time. Keeping this tear or portal, as it became called, open requires the same massive amount of power it took to open it to be held at a constant output as if the Flux changes in temperature in the slightest the portal closes.

Lagoon’s ran extra power lines to this location in the 2017 off season terminating into a little shack they built north of Hydro Luge from here the lines entered the Lagoon Labs facility. This gave them the power infrastructure enough to conduct their research. The first openings of the portal were done during the parks off season therefore no one noticed the massive power consumption but as their work progressed and the park opened for the operation season the power grid became overwhelmed and random, large-scale power outages started to seen at the park. These caused massive delays and heartache to Lagoon but the upper management had faith it would pay off in the end. As the experiments progressed, they got better at keeping the portals open longer and longer. However, in direct correlation more than power outages started to plague the park.  People started disappearing on the Hydro Luge, which was located right above Lagoon Labs underground facility. At first it just seemed like rafts had gotten stuck in the tubes, 1 to 5-minute delays, but soon the time grew to 15 minutes, then to 30 minutes and then a few a couple of hours, after which Lagoon promptly closed down the Hydro Luge with the given reason of “they were waiting for replacement parts from British Columbia.”"

Results for NL2 Round Up 300 are released tomorrow! Hopefully my video made the top 10. Once the judging is complete then I can release the video here.