Six Flags buying Cedar Fair?!?
(10-04-2019, 05:04 PM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: Cedar Fair turned down the offer today.

Yup! Six Flags needs to get a CEO in ASAP, or else they will go back into Chapter 11 Bankruptcy. Six Flags is in more debt than during 2007. They are in crisis mode, and they need to get a CEO in order to get out. That is why they wanted to buy Cedar Fair. They planned to buy the company, and have the Cedar Fair executives in executive positions.
(10-04-2019, 05:13 PM)DaSpanishPotato Wrote: Yup! Six Flags needs to get a CEO in ASAP, or else they will go back into Chapter 11 Bankruptcy. Six Flags is in more debt than during 2007. They are in crisis mode, and they need to get a CEO in order to get out. That is why they wanted to buy Cedar Fair. They planned to buy the company, and have the Cedar Fair executives in executive positions.
Someone watched Coaster Studio's video. You are not in management for Six Flags, so you can not say they are in crisis mode. Please don't pretend to know this stuff. Even saying they wanted Cedar Fair's management was just someone's prediction, not fact. Also, they do have a CEO. Jim Reid-Anderson is set to retire in February, but that's in 5 months.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
(10-04-2019, 05:04 PM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: Cedar Fair turned down the offer today.
LOL a 6 Billion dollar turn down.. So Ceda fair must be doing better then 6 Billion!
(10-04-2019, 05:15 PM)LSFMAN Wrote: Someone watched Coaster Studio's video. You are not in management for Six Flags, so you can not say they are in crisis mode. Please don't pretend to know this stuff. Even saying they wanted Cedar Fair's management was just someone's prediction, not fact. Also, they do have a CEO. Jim Reid-Anderson is set to retire in February, but that's in 5 months.

Are you talking about this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3npH730R8W8

Also is there actaully 700 coasters in the world?
(10-04-2019, 05:26 PM)DeLorean Wrote: LOL a 6 Billion dollar turn down.. So Ceda fair must be doing better then 6 Billion!
Now if Six Flags can invest that 4 Billion into additional rides, ride maintenance, and park infastructue upgrades, that would be cool, but I can't see that happening unfortunately.

EDIT: Six Flags offer was for 4 Billion, not 6.

(10-04-2019, 05:38 PM)LSFMAN Wrote: Now if Six Flags can invest that 4 Billion into additional rides, ride maintenance, and park infastructue upgrades, that would be cool, but I can't see that happening unfortunately.

EDIT: Six Flags offer was for 4 Billion, not 6.

I thought I read 6 Billion, but either way 4 or 6 it's still a lot of money plus stock options.
Can't forget about those stock options
(10-04-2019, 05:28 PM)DeLorean Wrote: Are you talking about this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3npH730R8W8

Also is there actaully 700 coasters in the world?
Yup much more. According to RCDB there are 5,051.

Roller Coaster Census
[Image: a2a765f7757b7b989a73bfe9ca7b5196.png]

The Lost History of Saltair -- Coasters Connected -- No Limits
(10-04-2019, 06:42 PM)Hahahahaha DeLorean Wrote: I thought I read 6 Billion, but either way 4 or 6 it's still a lot of money plus stock options.
Can't forget about those stock options

i believe that the offer was actually mostly stock, not cash. It would be great for them to have 4 billion in cash to invest but this deal makes it seem like they were trying to fluff up their stock before going bankrupt again and let CF help float their mess.
(10-05-2019, 06:35 AM)pbrandoj Wrote: i believe that the offer was actually mostly stock, not cash. It would be great for them to have 4 billion in cash to invest but this deal makes it seem like they were trying to fluff up their stock before going bankrupt again and let CF help float their mess.

That is what it sounds like to me.
[Image: a2a765f7757b7b989a73bfe9ca7b5196.png]

The Lost History of Saltair -- Coasters Connected -- No Limits
Sounds like Six Flags may not be doing so well... Why are they being so aggressive with installing new rides every year and stuff?