Six Flags buying Cedar Fair?!?
(10-05-2019, 10:13 AM)DeLorean Wrote: Sounds like Six Flags may not be doing so well... Why are they being so aggressive with installing new rides every year and stuff?
Spend money to make money. I live in Dallas now and SFOT is pretty sad, especially as the OG SF park. There’s some good coasters, dont get me wrong but there’s a level of quality that is missing that Lagoon and parks like Dollywood/Silver Dollar City still have.
(10-05-2019, 04:58 PM)pbrandoj Wrote: Spend money to make money. I live in Dallas now and SFOT is pretty sad, especially as the OG SF park. There’s some good coasters, dont get me wrong but there’s a level of quality that is missing that Lagoon and parks like Dollywood/Silver Dollar City still have.
I absolutely agree. MM feels the same sometimes. As long as they don't remove any of their few remaining OG rides, like Gold Rusher and Jet Stream, I'll be happy

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
(10-04-2019, 05:15 PM)LSFMAN Wrote: Someone watched Coaster Studio's video. You are not in management for Six Flags, so you can not say they are in crisis mode. Please don't pretend to know this stuff. Even saying they wanted Cedar Fair's management was just someone's prediction, not fact. Also, they do have a CEO. Jim Reid-Anderson is set to retire in February, but that's in 5 months.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I did not watch Cancer Studio's video, I watched Amusement Insiders video. They are having a hard time finding a CEO to replace Jim Reid Anderson.
(10-06-2019, 11:19 PM)DaSpanishPotato Wrote: I did not watch Cancer Studio's video, I watched Amusement Insiders video. They are having a hard time finding a CEO to replace Jim Reid Anderson.

I'll go be their CEO lol.
[Image: 63b8acec93efb554cba7644d62fa3a0c.png]

Expert on SALTAIR -- The Coney Island of the West
(10-07-2019, 07:06 AM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: I'll go be their CEO lol.

Yeah lol just don’t touch Lagoon lol
(10-04-2019, 05:26 PM)DeLorean Wrote: LOL a 6 Billion dollar turn down.. So Ceda fair must be doing better then 6 Billion!
You do realize that Cedar Fair bought the 5 Paramount Parks for 1.2 Billion in cash from CBS back in 2006, right? After all the investment in all of their parks, including the neglected former Paramount Parks since then, you can see how an offer of 4 Billion in stock was not really all that enticing for Cedar Fair Stock Holders/Investors.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(10-09-2019, 02:43 PM)linearinduction Wrote: You do realize that Cedar Fair bought the 5 Paramount Parks for 1.2 Billion in cash from CBS back in 2006, right? After all the investment in all of their parks, including the neglected former Paramount Parks since then, you can see how an offer of 4 Billion in stock was not really all that enticing for Cedar Fair Stock Holders/Investors.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

I agree!

LOL, that offer was a slap in the face!  Laugh