Pick a Past Ride Fun
(03-02-2020, 10:13 AM)DeLorean Wrote: Looks like it was more then a year. http://lagoonhistory.com/project/attractions/tri-star/
I don't remember this ride though, but there are rides similar to this one I am sure.
I can't believe it was at the park for that long...
(03-02-2020, 10:39 AM)DeLorean Wrote: How about this for atri star replacement
https://www.amusement-rides.com/en/product/troika-huss

That certainly looks like fun.

Speaking of Tri-Star, I'm reminded of an old ride that used to be at the 2 Great America parks years ago, called the Sky Whirl.

[Image: card00345_fr.jpg]

[Image: Sky_Whirl_3.jpg]

The rides were manufactured by Waagner-Biro and brokered by Intamin.  (The Wikipedia page for the ride can be found here.)
So, one ride that would be easy to have a modern spin on would be Speedway. I was noticing that Zamperla makes a ride called U-Drive that is the same concept as what Speedway was: https://www.zamperla.com/products/u-drive/
(03-02-2020, 11:34 PM)Willenator Wrote: So, one ride that would be easy to have a modern spin on would be Speedway. I was noticing that Zamperla makes a ride called U-Drive that is the same concept as what Speedway was: https://www.zamperla.com/products/u-drive/
Those would be a lot of fun but Lagoon would need a whole bunch to meet their capacity needs. While I was looking around I saw a HUSS jump. That looked like a blast! I was also impressed by the range of products Zierer offered (awesome dark ride vehicle).
(02-27-2020, 02:37 PM)UtahCoasterEnth Wrote: LOL. A Chance Hyper GTX would be perfect right on Primordial's plot of land.
I would say there is a reason why there is only one Chance Hyper GTX....
(03-02-2020, 03:41 AM)crooks.mark Wrote: So brushing up on the history of the Tri Star I was surprised to find out they were made by two different manufacturers. Huss and Troika. It looks like most models in the U.S. are from Troika but I believe Lagoon's was a Huss because if I remember correctly it lifted up like Centenial Screamer. Also wasn't it only at the park for a year?
Ummm, Tri Star AND Troika, Troika, Troika were HUSS ride models. They were somewhat similar, but the Troika, Troika, Troika is definitely the most family friendly of the two.

While I miss Pioneer Village Railroad, Flying Carpet, Tri Star, and Fun House, I miss the New Wilder Wild Mouse the most! The Wild Mouse at Blackpool Pleasure Beach was BRUTALLY ROUGH and deserved the wrecking ball, which it eventually got!

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
big dreamin' time

Bring back Rockets and put them in their original place (goodbye totc), buy disneyland's zephyr which might be going away within a couple of years

Fun House that is supervised and safer could still work in 2020

Bring back Roll-o-plane, how much would a carnival ride like that even cost for Lagoon? Couldn't be all that much
(04-06-2020, 02:27 PM)Invisible Ink Wrote: big dreamin' time

Bring back Rockets and put them in their original place (goodbye totc), buy disneyland's zephyr which might be going away within a couple of years

Fun House that is supervised and safer could still work in 2020

Bring back Roll-o-plane, how much would a carnival ride like that even cost for Lagoon? Couldn't be all that much
I doubt any park in this country could even get liability insurance on a fun house type attraction supervised or not now days.
(04-06-2020, 05:56 PM)crooks.mark Wrote: I doubt any park in this country could even get liability insurance on a fun house type attraction supervised or not now days.

YEA! That's why you need to go to Russia to get your Fun House fix... Over there if your hurt then it's an opportunity to get stronger!
(04-06-2020, 07:20 PM)DeLorean Wrote: YEA! That's why you need to go to Russia to get your Fun House fix... Over there if your hurt then it's an opportunity to get stronger!

Or Sweden. Grona Lund has an awesome funhouse.