Let's build a water park!
Well I'm sure it was working in 1990 lol. I don't go into LAB anymore. I'm not really sure when the last time was.
Twirling Ribbons 
(03-22-2020, 01:21 AM)crooks.mark Wrote: We have a new thread going for a family dark ride. Let's kick around this new water park idea. Do you think Lagoon would spend the money to build a new, separate water park? Do you think they'd build it in a new location? Just leave it alone, pay maintenance costs and leave it as the draw/cash cow it is? or start upgrading the existing park with new (and needed) slides, ect.? Lastly would the people in this area pay a significant increase in their pass price for a new water park?
There is a HUGE upgrade to LAB happening this year.

Also, I have always LOVED the "Lagoon-A-Beach" name and play on the name Laguna Beach. I think changing the name would be an absolute travesty! It's something that is uniquely Lagoon.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(03-23-2020, 04:28 PM)linearinduction Wrote: There is a HUGE upgrade to LAB happening this year.

Also, I have always LOVED the "Lagoon-A-Beach" name and play on the name Laguna Beach. I think changing the name would be an absolute travesty! It's something that is uniquely Lagoon.

WOW! I had no idea, clue this was happening. I'm excited to see what's been done. I also agree on the Lagoon-a-Beach name...it is uniquely Utah.
(03-23-2020, 04:08 PM)jetstar2 Wrote: Well I'm sure it was working in 1990 lol. I don't go into LAB anymore. I'm not really sure when the last time was.

I want to say the wave generator in the lazy river hasn't worked (or hasn't been turned on) in almost 20 years.
(03-23-2020, 05:20 PM)Willenator Wrote: I want to say the wave generator in the lazy river hasn't worked (or hasn't been turned on) in almost 20 years.
Agreed, at least 20 Years!

DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon Park 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
(03-23-2020, 04:28 PM)linearinduction Wrote: There is a HUGE upgrade to LAB happening this year.

What "HUGE" upgrade?

I don't think that they have even touched anything inside of LAB yet.
(03-23-2020, 05:20 PM)Willenator Wrote: I want to say the wave generator in the lazy river hasn't worked (or hasn't been turned on) in almost 20 years.

(03-23-2020, 05:22 PM)linearinduction Wrote: Agreed, at least 20 Years!

Thanks for the info, as far as I knew it had always worked and was still working. Is the "huge" upgrade a replaced kids area with a big dumping bucket and other modern stuff? (I guess for all I know they already did that 10 years ago).

I wouldn't set foot in there, but I'm glad LAB exists to keep people out of lines for the rides.
Twirling Ribbons