1992 International High Diving Spectacular (NEW INFO AND 14 NEW PHOTOS!)
I can't believe that's almost as tall as collosus!
Lagoon is ruled by lunchtimespacedragons of farming utahn's from the late 1800's.
In the video with the view from the dive tower you can see the pond for the Remote Control boats that was located just in front of game time or the Penny Arcade as it was known then.
Fellow Fans of Lagoon...

I hope your 2009 is off to a great start. I recently discovered a bunch of photos that I had taken of the divers and the theater we performed in. I scanned the lot and have added them to my original post. I have also made updates to the post based on comments/feedback I have received from the divers and from guests who attended the shows.

Speaking of the divers, I am happy to say that I have reconnected with several of them via Facebook. Some are still diving while others have moved into other careers. They all remember "The Summer of '92" at Lagoon!

I also want to publically thank Will and all of you who contribute to the success of this site. I know how challenging it can be to maintain a site such as this. I am most grateful that you continue to invest your time, your talent, and some of your $$$ to keep this site going.

May this year bring all of you good health, abundant wealth, and good fortune.
Brian, Could you Denote the Updated Photos because I'm not totally sure which ones you just added? I also wondered if you were still living in Utah and if any of the Divers have come back to visit Utah and Lagoon Since 1992. Perhaps if you can, we would enjoy having you at one of our Monthly Parties and Meet Ups at Lagoon. Smile

Thank You as always Brian for the Information and Photos from the Diving Show! It's really great to show these young kids just what the park was like before they were born. Laugh
DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon ParkĀ 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island
Greetings, Linear...

An excellent idea - thank you! I have place a brief note next to each photo.

Yes, I still live in Utah. I went to Lagoon twice last year (2008). It was great to see how things have changed (and not changed) since the diving show. I went over to the area where the diving show took place - part of the exit gate and part of the dressing room area are still there.

Billy Howe still lives in Utah and I would presume that he has visited the park since the diving show. As for the other divers I do not believe that they have been back to Lagoon yet.

I would be delighted to attend one of the Monthly Parties and/or Meet Ups at Lagoon!

It is amazing to me that it has been 17 years (as of the 2009 season) since the diving show took place. I'm old-school Lagoon and proud of it! Happy

I am happy to be able to share my memories, photos, and videos with folks that saw the shows live and with people that never got a chance to see them. Who knows, maybe Lagoon will bring back the diving show in 2012 in conjunction with the 2012 Summer Olympics? I hope they do bring it back at some point.
I would love to experience the diving show in person! Sorry to say, but the Mayan doesn't have a man on fire diving (and their food sucked last time I went there).
Member of Lagoon Games Department 2010-2011
Rubber Wrote: I would love to experience the diving show in person! Sorry to say, but the Mayan doesn't have a man on fire diving (and their food sucked last time I went there).
Which is why the LHM Group Sold it. Wink They so wanted to be Casa Bonita, but failed epically! Laugh
DISCLAIMER: This post contains my own personal views and opinions and do not reflect the views and opinions of any Company or Organization. Furthermore, I do not purport to speak on behalf of any Company or Organization and it's views or opinions.
Coaster Credits: 99
No. 1 Steel Coaster: Cannibal, Lagoon ParkĀ 
No. 1 Wood Coaster: The Beast, Kings Island